Drafts completed? (1 Viewer)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I know some people are starting to finish up their major works and are planning to start editing and refining the details ready to hand in.
Have you finished?
How did it go- are you happy?
Do you like the ending?
What will you change?

Friend of Ana

HSC
I have around 4000 words.
Have had a dire case of writer's block since the end of the summer holidays.
'He wrote and and it seemed good; read and it seemed vile..." ('Orlando', Virginia Woolf) pretty accurately sums up how I feel about it.
I have no ending yet. Obviously I'll have to change that.
I also have to change all the absoulutely pathetic pretensions to humour.
But I still love EE2.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Well our instructor/organiser person forced us to finish a draft by the start of this term...which is the only reason I have a completed draft.

Otherwise, I'd most likely be floundering somewhere in the middle of my project.

Major Mathers

HSC
I have about 5900 words, Also had writers block (did nothing on my story for around 5 weeks), but I think im past that.

Still haven't got an ending, although I have a good idea where its going.

I want to have a twist at the end, but its proving to be difficult, and there is no impact to it (I wanted something like in the usual suspects).

Ah well.

3quartersquare

HSC
oh i have no idea what i'm doing - i still only have like JUST 6000 words; and it's not too crash atm. hopefully i'll be motivated soon... errr?

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
I've done six different drafts of m major work, and I'm seriously happy with the current one, now I just have to wait and see what my English teacher thinks of it?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
need to refine my critical response urgently! eeek.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, finishing the first draft is only the first step. Editing is the most important and longest step.

Take your time doing it.

Edit once, then again, then again. Each time look for new things to edit.

Remove redundancy. Tighten plot and pace. Insert themes.

It takes people YEARS to get books edited. (It was no accident it took JK Rowling 7 years to get Harry Potter 1 ready for publishing.)

Think about how you would edit.

I like to do major edits on the computer and then print it all out and do hand editing for a bit and then put it in and edit on computer again as I go.

Good luck and well done for getting the first draft completed. Big job.

stillwaters

HSC
^ im doing a critical response and i totally agree with alcalder above...i thought once i knocked out a first draft the hard part would be over...(which did not turn out to be true :( )
awesome to you ppl who have got most of it and just need tweaking and editing ^^
my goal for these holidays is to have a second draft of my crit response knocked out. (fingers crossed/ touch wood/ i dunno, whatever else is lucky) gaaahhh- hopefully it will have more structure/ sophistication/ be coherent then my first draft :p
but 4 unit i likes. :)

Supervacuo

HSC
I have around 5700 words! It's killing me, because i love my story and i can't add anywhere, well at least i think i can't...
But just alcader, i do all my editing by hand.. it's so much easier..

sapoi

HSC
Hey guys..:shy:
IM ONLY UPTO aprox. 5000 WORDS MYSELF =(
Yes, its dissapointing but im not giving up! because there's simply nothing worse than that..
Anyway im attempting to finish my first complete draft by this week so next week i can start editing/ changing my suite.
My subjects are: Eng Ext 2, Eng Ext 1 , Eng Adv, Chem, Math-2u, Modern His and His Extension. - 11 units
UAI AIM: ABOVE 98
( REALISTICALLY): HAVE TO GET ABOVE 90'S OBVIOUSLY!

Major Mathers

HSC
Nearly finished my second draft. Up to about 7000 words, but still needing serious refinement.

spiii

HSC
i finished my 4unit final work today, still have to review it one final time with my mentor before handing it in to the BOS..
this story has done my head in big time!
has anyone done their reflection statement and/or report.
NEED HELP!
thanx..

---------------------------
4U english
3U greek
biology
IPT
orthodoxy

stillwaters

HSC
^ yay!!
i still need to write a conclusion but if you look at the reflection statement thread there's lots of stuff there... also the english syllabus gives you a few points that you have to cover
but the main thing is to state what the intent of your major work is and how your research and investigation etc. contributed to you resolving it.

Supervacuo

HSC
I hate my reflection statement.. I hate it so so much.
Isn't the way they mark the major work is they read your Major work then your reflection statement then your major work again.. And judge your major work based on what you have wrote in the reflection statement...

Mine just doesn't make sense and the order of paragraphs is hopeless!!

not.addie

HSC
finally finally finally finished my major work, and the teacher is handing it back tomorrow along with the reflection statement after she checked for any loopholes etc.
yeah the reflection statement is basically purpose, your basis' and intended audience... i hate mine as well but im seriously over it.
i was wondering, is the journal that important? :S because i was a tad lazy in doing haha and now i have to cover three months...far out.

HSC
not.addie said:
finally finally finally finished my major work, and the teacher is handing it back tomorrow along with the reflection statement after she checked for any loopholes etc.
yeah the reflection statement is basically purpose, your basis' and intended audience... i hate mine as well but im seriously over it.
i was wondering, is the journal that important? :S because i was a tad lazy in doing haha and now i have to cover three months...far out.
Haha i had to do that too, but don't worry too much about it, the journals are rarely ever looked at unless the marker thinks your story is a bit sus, or they don't understand a particular part. Just make sure your reflection covers everything so that the markers don't get to look at the void that is our journals

good luck

not.addie

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Haha i had to do that too, but don't worry too much about it, the journals are rarely ever looked at unless the marker thinks your story is a bit sus, or they don't understand a particular part. Just make sure your reflection covers everything so that the markers don't get to look at the void that is our journals

good luck
ahhh really? thanks for that! im just going to do a brief thing of everything...im doing May now hahah i made my reflection statement like an analysis so that they check up on the journal but seriously the Olympics are too distracting.

and good luck to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)