Dragon Books? (1 Viewer)

Jayy-StaRawr

HSC
Okay well personally
i am a HUGE fan of dragons, dragon movies, and books mainly
ive watched lots of movies, and read couple of books

so if anyone out there can recommend a good dragon novel i would greatly appreciate it. :)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
the eragon trilogy (i hear its a quartet now) is some of the most shit writing out there.

avoid.

in terms of fantasy which is strongly focused on dragons, i recommend melanie rawn's dragon prince and dragon star trilogies- which i feel are the best 'dragon books' out there.

there are other books-namely ursula le guin's earthsea saga and george martin's a song of ice and fire- which feature dragons, but as a sidenote; these books are however super reads overall.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the only fantasy books ive ever read are the eragon series, harry potter series, and some random books, so when ppl say that eragon is shit compared to other series, i dunno cuz i dunno the other series', all i know is that i love the eragon series so much, i'd gladly read those massive books nonstop from start to finish.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yah i can tell yo

harry potter, eragon, and most especially twilight are mediocre literature compared to the creme of fantasy

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ive never got into fantasy tbh, i tried to once, pages of descriptiveness boringness, so i gave up.

that was years ago, but i dont care much for books anymore. if i wanna read something, its usually re-reading eragon books coz i love em so much. currently re-reading hp, book 7 was fucking epic, need a second read of that, curently up to book 4, then i wanna re-read brisingr, fucking epic book.

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC
Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series is supposed to be good, though I haven't read it myself.

Second for A Song of Ice and Fire, though.

Jayy-StaRawr

HSC
Okay thanks everyone i'll go out and either purchase the books from a shop or borrow the books from my library thanks guys im a huge fan of dragons and fantasy

x-Manda-x

HSC
Some good dragon books I have read are: the Eragon series, which were okay I've read better dragon books.
The Dragon Keeper Series by Caroline Wilkinson was also a good read.

My favourite Dragon Series so far is the Temeraire Series by Naomi Novik (Excellent Read)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series is supposed to be good, though I haven't read it myself.

Second for A Song of Ice and Fire, though.
I'll second that. Though I last read them in primary school so maybe I thought they were better than they are....

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Eragon is pretty epic, definitely worth a read if your really into dragons

Guage

HSC
Eragon+eldest+brisingr....If you want a book that expresses 300 pages worth of story/meaning in 600, look no further...if you want to admire the pretty cover and nice map and names with many accents and extensive marketing, buy it, now!

On the other hand, temreraire was quite good! (have read the 1st 4 anyways)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I prefer dragon books with as little human interferance as possible.

- Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton (think Pride and Prejudice with dragons as the main characters; it's awesome)
- the Age of Fire series by E. E. Knight (includes Dragon Champion, Dragon Avenger, Dragon Outcast and Dragon Strike).

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
If by "fab" you mean "poor quality writing, terrible plot(s) and drab characters." Seriously, avoid the Inheritance trilogy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)