Drama Essay help needed (1 Viewer)

Khayne0

HSC
hey guys, i have this stupid drama essay, and i have no idea where to start so if some could help me, that would be great. my teacher didnt realy explain the whole Approaches to acting topic rather jjust gave us a shit load of notes, in which most of them dont make sense. lol. so any ways the question is
How do the aesthetics and practices of the two practitoners you have studided create distinctive actor - audience relationship? the two practioners we did are Boal and Le Coq. an help would be great.
thanks guys.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You need to look at the two distinctive styles of each practioner, work out what they are trying to address, and their methods of doing so. Then decide how this corresponds to the effect upon and involvement of the audience.

Boal is know for his work in Theatre of the Opressed, inspired by Marxist teachings. He wishes the educate the audience (often lower class, uneducated), in a similar way to Brecht. However, he does not want to be forcefully didactic. Boal increased the role of the 'spec-actor', giving audiences a greater choice to be involved with the performance, in many cases, becoming a part of the performance themselves. In order to educate, Boal blurred the line between audience and actor. This is similarly continued in his later styles, forum theatre, and invisible theatre.

Lecoq is known for his approach to theatre, coming from a non-theatre background. He primarily focuses on the physical performer. Lecoq challenges the actor to improve upon themselves, rather than change them. In terms of the audience, Lecoq inspired pieces are more visual, and place prominence on the aesthetic of theatre to convey meaning, rather than purely the dramatic text.

Khayne0

HSC
hey thanks alot absolutezero, that was very helpful and informative. thanks alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)