• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Drama I.P HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

SmiaMia

HSC
Hi guys
I really need to start looking for my I.P (monologue) but I have absolutely no idea where to start! If you know of any Books, Websites etc that deal with a comic/female monologues, id love to know!
Please help im kinda desperate!

LumpyLoo

HSC
haha NOW u start looking ;) your a genius

i dont know about comedic monologues or whatever, but my suggestion is finding a plot that could be pretty fun to work with and research like.. maybe slapstick.. and other kinda of comedic drama techniques..

if u dont wanna i dont care but i think that has potential

Lumpy xoxo

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
first of all, the internet is usually not the best source of dramatic material. it's full of half-baked monologues written by people who think they are talented playwrights but really just write stream-of-consciousness shit. so stay away from the interweb lol.

I would suggest finding some comedic plays, films or novels and seeing if there's anything in those that you can work with. A character, a particular speech, a situation, whatever - and use that as the basis for something that you work into a fully rounded performance piece.

I'd also suggest you don't spend too much time looking and just find something and get stuck into it, to be honest with you. You've left it a little late and this project needs a pretty epic effort put in to do well.

good luck :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Draw inspiration from past female comics. In particualar look at the stuff that Lucielle Ball did in her prime. Some of it is incredibly funny.

Otherwise, I recommend you speak to your drama teacher about getting hold of monolgue books. They should have some at their disposable. Troll through these and hopefully you can find you one can relate to.

In addition, perhaps read the newpaper for interesting articles. Sometimes stories can be fleshed out into fully fledges pieces.

The one thing I must stress is that you act quickly. I've had my piece picked from day one, and it still isn't fully developed. Time is rapidly running out.

T-miP

HSC
While were on this subject does anyone know an ip i could do, i wanna do a serious one other than all the other guys that are doin to typical bonehead ones :mad1: but yeah would anyone on here know of any?:jedi::jedi::jedi::jedi::jedi:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What sort of thing are you interested in? What sort of style are you going for (more description than just 'dramatic')?

Ksubi

HSC
i idid, WHATS THE MATTER WITH MAYR-JANE. really powerful monologue exploring the dark side of bulimia, it uses dark humor. but its intense. i loved it.

yo gabba

HSC
Im doin performance for my IP aswell..
my idea was to do like a tipsy bridemaid speech but i dont think im commited to it..
its a fair idea but where do i go with it?
some times i stress then i think whatevs i have like 9 months to get it together..but it will take me that long to get it how i want it..
like a perfectionist...that is far from perfect :)
but yeh i cant do a sad or serious because noone takes me seriously and theyll laugh at shit thats sposed to be not funny lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My advice is to steer clear of character which are intoxicated or under the influence. It rarely leads to a strong performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)