Drama Monologues (1 Viewer)

Mally Cat

HSC
Hi well i have a bit of a problem, i can't find a dramatic monologue i like. I want one that has some relevance to the wars or mmm... Kennedy's death
any ideas?
thank you

Mally Cat

HSC
Yeah i've googled, but i'll look again. mmmm... not sure about writing my own piece, scared i would stuff it up. I found a play called Kennedy's children, but i like one of the male characters. Can i still play that character, but not take on the full persona (of being a male character, maybe change it to a female role)?
thanks

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Mally Cat said:
Yeah i've googled, but i'll look again. mmmm... not sure about writing my own piece, scared i would stuff it up. I found a play called Kennedy's children, but i like one of the male characters. Can i still play that character, but not take on the full persona (of being a male character, maybe change it to a female role)?
thanks
yes, you can change the role to a female to suit you if you wish.

you may want to post this in the main drama forum so more people notice the thread http://community.boredofstudies.org/62/drama/

green0

HSC
Drama Monologues. DONT BE SO OBVIOUS

i dont know who your teacher is, but cake, crumbling relationships... BAHAHA its just such a slap in the face, and isnt juicy enough...
food is such a rich subject, try weakness to food, (eg, woman and chocolate)(dont use that its only an example)

vunrability, talk of a passion
here is an extract of one i did about food

"food is life
i live to eat, not eat to live
stuff saccahrine ( which is an artifial sugar)
i want sugar
salt reduced ?
where is the sympathy for tequilla
fat free,?
why bother eating it
im a double mocha, triple cream, syrup sweet chocolate sprinkles sort of girl

rather than getting really deep and mooshy, make it passionate, interesting,
thats a reallly crappy example, but you get what i mean

Miss Ellen

HSC
If you do advanced English and have experience in creative writing I would recommend that you write your own - I did the hsc last year and my best advice is not to have a really critiqued idea of what you want to do for IPwhen you first start out. Be open minded try different things - do a style of theatre that best compliments your abilities - don't pull out the big emotional guns if you can't pull it off - you'll end up losing more marks than you could have gotten. Decide what style of theatre you want to do first - look at what you've got your best marks in - then if you're still interested in using war thematically try researching the particular war you want to do first - each war may have the same violence and destruction but they are all really different in terms of outcomes, solutions, motivations and intentions - and out of each one emerges diverse narratives - draw from someone elses experiences - and write your own. if you don't have the confidence in your ability - try and not limit ourself to an internet search - find a good play - read it - take out bitsyou like - even if they're from different characters - and fill in the blanks and create your own story. Poems are really good too - WW1 poets are the best - try Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon - they focus on the futility of war - but then again - it depends what thematical approach you want to bring to your piece. Hope this has been of some help,

Ellen

naa_allgood

HSC
Hey Guys .
would anyone have suggestions on any monologues that'l gain alot of laughs ?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What sort of character are you interested in playing? We need more information to help narrow down what you want. There are millions of comedic scripts out there, so give us some parameters.

cutest_llama

HSC
Hey Guys .
would anyone have suggestions on any monologues that'l gain alot of laughs ?
I need a monologe as well i've been looking the Boogie MAn from a night mare before Chirstmas and started writting it into a monologe but i have hit a wal any suggestions?

If you want something fun to do for a monologe for my yr11 at the end of year we had to do an 8 min monologue.
I did the Cat in the Hat. It was a blast i made the Cat in to a predfile and it went over so well with every one.

If your intersted i can send you the script. its relly fun and you get to play lots of different charters e.g. the fis, the cat and Sally and the boy.

katie_1020

HSC
wow the cat in the hat one sounds interesting! are you able to send me the script just for ideas? thatd be soooo helpful!

SuperUtada

HSC
Can somebody please suggest to me a monolgue that'll garner alot of laughs please? I am a spontaneous person and quite of a natural entertainer but is finding a hard time finding a monolgue. Something funny, childish etc. Please help!!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Youtube some clips of:
Rowan Atkinson
Woody Allen
Lucielle Ball

From those three, you'll find a wide variety of comedy stylings, a large number of topics, and various lengths of pieces. Above all, they're three very inspiration comedic performers, and writers.

jamiwithoutane

HSC
I need a monologe as well i've been looking the Boogie MAn from a night mare before Chirstmas and started writting it into a monologe but i have hit a wal any suggestions?

If you want something fun to do for a monologe for my yr11 at the end of year we had to do an 8 min monologue.
I did the Cat in the Hat. It was a blast i made the Cat in to a predfile and it went over so well with every one.

If your intersted i can send you the script. its relly fun and you get to play lots of different charters e.g. the fis, the cat and Sally and the boy.
i also have to do a monologue for year 11 this term
and the cat in the hat one sounds really interesting
could you pleeeeease send it to me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)