• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dress colour (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
so my formal dress is going to be midnight blue... what are other people going with?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i dunno, yr 10 i had black, yr 11 i had red, so something other than those i spose

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
my yr 12 formal was in 03 and I wore a really nice black cocktail dress

kaylz

HSC
shortie_689 said:
Go for a colour this is different for your yr 12 formal nearly everyone wears black...
Midnight blue is nice, classy, and distinguishable from a sea of black. I think a lot of people from my school are going with bright colours, though...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
shortie_689 said:
Go for a colour this is different for your yr 12 formal nearly everyone wears black...
Thats what I was thinking last year for my formal, except I turned out to one of the only girls in black. Most people came in cocktail dresses...mostly green/torquise coloured ones. My dress was princess style- long and black with a pale pink split

shortie_689

HSC
kaylz said:
Midnight blue is nice, classy, and distinguishable from a sea of black. I think a lot of people from my school are going with bright colours, though...
thats kool then... I wore black n there were so many of us...
I wanted to wear red but then two other girls in my group got red so i ended up gettin black n i felt like one of the crowd

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
kaylz said:
do you go to GRC oatley kaylz?

kaylz

HSC
mine's going to be strapless on top with a calf length fluted bottom with a few layers of a meshy kinda tutu thing so that it puffs, but not much. and i'm going to somehow include tulle into the pleats with some dark satiny kinda thing. It sounds weird, but the design looks great.

kaylz

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
just wondering
i went to one of the feeder schools for seven months though... or did you ask cos i live in oatley? lol.. that makes sense

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
kaylz said:
i went to one of the feeder schools for seven months though... or did you ask cos i live in oatley? lol.. that makes sense
yeah.
did you go to peakhurst or something, coz i know casmira knows you

HSC
i had a pink formal dress. there were yellow, green, red, orange, silver (blah), red .. hardly anyone had black dresses.

HSC
deep violate but with a pearl in it, so when ur in different shades of light u get difenrent shimmers n purples

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I wore a black dress in Yr 10; I'm not 100% sure bout this year! To tell you the truth, I haven't really been thinking about it!

I have a baby pink silk Marilyn Munroe style dress; maybe I'll wear that! He he, I picked it up from an op-shop for $4, and it still had tags on it! :uhhuh:
Or I also picked up a two-piece set from, an op-shop that is like a green and maroney thing, like it changes colour when you turn. Anyway, it's a long skirt with a corset top that does up your back.
Guess I could wear one of these two, I've NEVER worn them, and they both fit! :confused:

OZGIRL86 said:
my yr 12 formal was in 03 and I wore a really nice black cocktail dress
Last year at my schools Yr 12 formal the trend was cocktail dresses, and nearly every girl wore one! :uhhuh:
What' the craze this year? Cocktail again? Or individuality? :confused:

I'll be individual! :uhhuh: Yay, all this talk of formals makes me excited! I cannot wait till mine at the end of the year! I love dressing up! :uhhuh:

Last edited by a moderator:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I thought everyone was pretty individual at my formal..except for this one chick who decided to rock up with the same dress as my friend but in a different colour, and she knew my friend brought the dress before she did. Anyway, apart from cocktail dresses, I think only 3 people had long dresses: Me, all princess-like, a friend who wore a gorgeous navy blue (which IMO, only FEW people can make it work) and another friend who got her dress from Harts which I think is too Year 10 formalish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)