Driving Test at Lidocmbe Failed twice (1 Viewer)

bigboy97

HSC
Hey guys I did my driving at Lidcombe RTA and failed Twice

The first time I failed by not giving way when necessary

The second I lost for 3 offences
Disobeying traffic signs
Action required testing officer intervention
Unreasonably obstructing other vehicles and pedestrians

The second time was at Auburn station the examiner told me to go straight but I was in the left lane and the car front of me was turning left and he told me told to change lanes and i did but when I did the red light hit and the pedestrian light hit green and I failed.

I'm so nervous for the third attempt which is in two weeks and dead scared Ill fail again ....what do I do any tips not to screw up the third ,Please help me out with advice or anything just for me not to repeat this again .This has costed me a lot and I am financially in cable after this to do it again.PLEASE HELP ME-OUT :(

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Have you had at least one driving lesson before the test? Some people go for 2 hours with their driving instructor just to get them 'prepared' for the test, and it'll make you at least feel more confident beforehand.

D94

HSC
N/A
In your second attempt, with the lane change close to traffic lights, slow down to the point that you're just coasting, turn on your indicator, and wait for a gap. If you very slowly veer into the next lane, cars behind will let you in. Also, those 3 offences seem like they were all from the same thing, so it was really that single event which caused you to fail.

There's really not much anyone can say because driving doesn't come down to one single test. If you are a road user, you will need to effectively pass your test every time you drive. Do some driving between now and your test, especially on the routes you have taken during your first two attempts.

Stay calm.

atcha

HSC
N/A
Whilst a driving instructor before can beneficial it is also really expensive so maybe not the best idea if you think you can so it without the instructor. Just relax and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. One way to remove pressure is to not tell everyone you are going for the test (only the person getting you there) as then there isn't the burden of expectation. Goodluck!

astroman

HSC
was the route the same? If so, go over it as much as possible with a parent and have them give you instructions, don't stress. The test is unrealistic, just try to relax and pretend your just driving like a granny.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
LOL, ha ha

Even though i failed several times with my driving test... i just felt like saying that

Ethicks

HSC
Do they insist on smashing your horn the second the light goes green? Some moron has wired this into Sydney drivers and they need to be shot. DON'T GET ME STARTED

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
was the route the same? If so, go over it as much as possible with a parent and have them give you instructions, don't stress. The test is unrealistic, just try to relax and pretend your just driving like a granny.
What are you on about it is realistic.

You should be driving like that all the time. If other road users try to lash out stay calm.

However, don't be the person who starts braking on an empty motorway or drives at around 60 kph in the left lane when entering the motorway and makes it unsafe for other vehicles behind to attempt to merge (into a lane with other cars going 100+ kph) and leave the exit lane all within 800 m (this is the worst and everyday this happens).

Do they insist on smashing your horn the second the light goes green? Some moron has wired this into Sydney drivers and they need to be shot. DON'T GET ME STARTED
If you don't notice for more than 10 seconds then yeah I would give a quick flash of high beams (during day).

One good habit to have when driving is patience. The best drivers will be patient with everything and hence take the time to obey the road rules and make it safe for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)