Drop Agriculture, Modern History or Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Which to drop?

• Agriculture

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Modern History

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Chemistry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sarmen2

HSC
N/A
So I'm having problems with each of these subjects and I need guidance on which to get rid of.

Agriculture: The problem with Ag is that there are only 4 or 5 people in the class that care and I came 2nd out of a class of 20 though I barely tried either. This year its probably fallen to 3rd or 4th. Does a crap cohort make a big difference because if not I'll probably keep this.

Modern History: Unlike Ag everyone here tries and I came 10th out of 20. But the teacher is bad and lessons usually consist of just reading out of a booklet, by yourself, and a practice essay every now and then that takes us two weeks to complete. But this subject is easy to teach myself. I was going to keep this over Ag but the probem is I can't see myself getting much over 80 and so many people get a band 6 for this.

Chemistry: This year we got a new teacher Chemistry and this teacher also sucks. For the whole first term I learnt barely anything but I know I can do good in Chemistry, last year I came 6th out of 40 students and I thought I was having trouble. But I'm going to have to put in so much effort to get a decent mark, tutoring and always revising, I'm pretty lazy so I don't know if I can do it, but I don't really want to drop this.

If you're going to say keep the ones you like the most, I like them all, Ag a bit less, but they're pretty much equal.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
In order of which I would drop a subject imo is
Agriculture
Modern Hist
Chemistry

Unless your Agriculture cohort is capable of band 6, I definitely don't think its worth the risk especially disparity of scaling between band 5 and band 6.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
In order of which I would drop a subject imo is
Agriculture
Modern Hist
Chemistry

Unless your Agriculture cohort is capable of band 6, I definitely don't think its worth the risk especially disparity of scaling between band 5 and band 6.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe have a look at how the school proportion of bands 6/5/4s etc in previous years?

skillstriker

HSC
Unless if you're confident that you can pick up your rank for Agriculture to 1st or 2nd, I recommend you drop Agriculture. It seems like you don't like the subject as much and the relatively poor scaling of the subject/quality of your cohort may affect you if you're not ranked near the top of your cohort.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well it can provide a way of forecasting what you cohort may achieve if of a similar standard to last year cohort in externals.

Say if 5/20 people got a band 6 in agriculture last year , however in history 11/20 got a band 6 or only 19/20 got a band 5 and the remainder got a band 4 then you may be better of dropping history instead of agriculture etc

sarmen2

HSC
N/A
I see, I'll probably drop Agriculture if the marks of the rest of the cohort make such a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)