drop business or chemistry? (1 Viewer)

fet

HSC
choice has to be made soon I guess, I'm not interested in keeping all 12 units from prelim
chemistry has me messed up dude, content is hard to digest but also really interesting ?? have mixed feelings about this subject. my results + rank are great relative to my class (coming 2nd) but honestly the process of getting to a 2nd still gives me nightmares. I don't wanna experience an all-nighter before an exam like that again ..
issue is I plan on doing something science/medicine related in uni, and prelim chem was really informative and insightful so I don't wanna just cut it there just in case. but then again my experiences with this subject have been the worst e.g. self-teaching the entire course the night before the yearly #4DKSffhjkdsvfb

business on the other hand, is beautiful. I don't have to switch my brain on to excel in this subject, fortunately. it's just the nature of the subject I guess. however, business has no relevance to my future academic plans and it's also vv contrasting to my remaining subjects which are math/science heavy. which might be inconvenient ? but also refreshing? the subject also scales poorly but requires a decent amount of legitimate effort to do well in it. what u think guys

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are wanting to do some type of science in uni then I would strongly suggest you keep chemistry because a lot of first year chemistry in uni is built on year 12 concepts especially with how the new syllabus was redesigned for this purpose to better transition high school students to uni content

I did business as well it’s an easy subject but like as you said it has no relevance to your future

Last edited:

fet

HSC
If you are wanting to do some type of science in uni then I would strongly suggest you keep chemistry because a lot of first year chemistry in uni is built on year 12 concepts especially with how the new syllabus was redesigned for this purpose to better transition high school students to uni content

I did business as well it’s an easy subject but like as you said it has no relevance to your future
ohhh interesting thanks for the insight, I'll consider keeping chemistry then!

jimmy.chu232

HSC
drop chemistry, half the cohort in my school are dropping it....its so stressful because of the depth studies and you even after the trials, there is still content that needs to be taught whereas the other subjects have finished all content.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are planning to do something science-related at uni, I would suggest keeping Chemistry.

Reactions: fet

fet

HSC
drop chemistry, half the cohort in my school are dropping it....its so stressful because of the depth studies and you even after the trials, there is still content that needs to be taught whereas the other subjects have finished all content.
oh for real
u g h
tbh half my class is dropping it too but I don't just wanna go with the flow, like I want a proper reason for staying or leaving. it seems like the only incentive for staying is my future plans at uni but the fact is I'm not even 100% sure of these plans .. skvhdrfkjhvr I'm confused again aHa thanks anyway I'm just gonna flip a coin and share the outcome with y'all

I think it's my fault for not being clear to myself and everyone else about my future bc it would rlly help if I was \o/ sorry I'm just v lost I only see the short-term unfortunately. thankss for the advice guys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)