Drop business studies? Or not (1 Viewer)

Irrelevance

HSC
Hey, i'm wondering if I should drop business studies.

I do 13 units... A bit much but well what could I do.

At the moment I do

Adv English
English EX1
Mathematics
Physics
IPT
2U SOR
Business studies

Now, my dilemma is that if I drop business studies I have time to work on my other subjects that need work, or I keep it.

I'm just not sure. My Business teacher told me that a student of his was almost in the same boat as I am, and then dropped business because he had too many units but in the subject he wanted to get a band 6 in, he didn't although he had the capacity to get a band 6 in it.

So, what the heck should I do?

I love all my other subjects and enjoy doing them, and if I get the HSC mark that I estimate I will get, business won't count in the end.

Misyndo

HSC
Well does Business Studies take up so much of your time that you end up having less time for other subjects?

ie. Are you doing "well" enough in your other subjects anyways and such that dropping business studies will only marginally increase your marks with the extra time you have?

Well personally, I would drop either Business Studies or IPT if I were you but yeah.

Irrelevance

HSC
I'm doing well although for physics we haven't had an assessment yet (assignment due in 4 weeks).

But, I could get a band 6 in IPT.

Personally, business bores me to death, at least all the other subjects are really interesting. I've heard before do the subjects you love, and I love all my other subjects.

I know if I dropped business, and lets say.. Allocate the time that I would spend on business to something like Physics, I could do significantly well in that subject.

Misyndo

HSC
Well statistically wise Business studies will always scale higher if you got the same mark for both subjects.

However if you think that your mark will significantly increase in physics then you should drop it.

HSC
if you dont like business
and it will take away from your other subjects
whats holding you back from dropping it and focusing on your other subjects??

twistedrebel

HSC
drop it,
#1 you dont like it, and having 13 units, you will neglect it

Epic

HSC
What do you want to do at uni? If it's something business related then I say keep it. If not, drop it.

Klutsov

HSC
If you dont like it, you are wasting your time doing it, so drop it

Epic

HSC
Drop Business if you feel you will perform better in IPT then. Have you considered dropping SOR2? I found it to be quite a large work load compared to my other subjects and dropping down to SOR1 made things a whole lot easier.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
if you feel that you can't handle 13units i would strongly advice that you drop something. anything.

Irrelevance

HSC
SOR2 is easy, and another one of my band six subjects.

I dropped business today. God it was a good feeling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)