My current subjects/rank are

English Adv: rank 5
Maths 2 Unit: rank 3
Math ext 1 : rank 14
Biology: Rank 5

Chemistry: rank 5
Modern History: rank 20 :/
English Ext 1 rank 18 :/

Right now I'm at 12 units and first don't know if I should drop anything. I feel like 10 units would be very good to concentrate on, but also am aware of the risk. The 3 subjects i would consider dropping are chem, modern, english ext.

Chemistry is a lot of work, and I don't know if I would be able to keep up if I do 12 units. The only problem is that I'm looking to go into medicine/science, so I think it may very much be required.

Modern is not too bad, but I performed lower than expected in prelim.

English extension also feels like a fair amount of work for 1 unit.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you should drop anything.

In the future also include size of cohort in each subject.

Maybe also consider performance of past cohorts in those subjects that attended your school.

E.g % getting band 4,5,6

tyzzefloro

HSC
Just focus on improving your writing skills for modern, the content is easy to glaze over and pick up key points/ pieces of info, stats names etc that you can drop into your responses. TBH 2 sections of the modern paper is written and regurgitated info > personality + WW1. For eng ext, you just needa keep refining your prepped responses (1 essay and 1 creative) that you can mould to a question/ pick from OR key points/ techniques/ themes etc per text, if you like to wing it when writing (find the exam technique that works for you), the hardest part of the course is reading and understanding your texts properly + understanding the genre you are looking at > genre critics as well. I completed Eng ext and Modern they're not too heavy. Legit crammed every modern exam. Not sure about chem tho but ranked 5/? seems alright if u have a big cohort. BUT

ALL YOUR RANKS CHANGE IN YEAR 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)