Dropped but I wanna pick it up (1 Viewer)

Should I pick up SDD again?

• Total voters

Helpme2244

HSC
So I dropped SDD like maybe 4 weeks ago and I really want to pick it up again now because I literally just failed my maths exam (58%..) and I'm on 10 units so I don't really know what to do. I dropped SDD because I have an IP for Drama and Depth studies for Chem and Bio that would literally take all of my time but with the study periods I got from dropping SDD I don't tend to do much until exam block comes up so I don't know. I don't want my shitty maths marks getting in my ATAR and screwing me over but idk if doing SDD will help or take away more time from maths. I guess I'm scared the 58% will come bite me in the ass and drag my ATAR down and the sciences are already going to kill me Drama and English are the only two I can do decently in. IDK WHAT TO DO ;-;

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
One bad mark doesn’t mean it’s over. If you get 90s from now on you could still get a band 6.

What’s your atar goal?

Helpme2244

HSC
One bad mark doesn’t mean it’s over. If you get 90s from now on you could still get a band 6.

What’s your atar goal?
Honestly I'm aiming for like 90+. I wanted to do psychology at one point and like a 98 ATA but then was when I was young and naive. I really want over 90 to get like more options I guess. I got told to try do a double degree for a Bachelor of Business and A Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at UTS but it's a really vague degree (intelligence and innovation) and I've never done business or any social science unless geography counts. So I still have no clear degree direction but getting above 90 would be preferred or my parents might kill me. 😅

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly I'm aiming for like 90+. I wanted to do psychology at one point and like a 98 ATA but then was when I was young and naive. I really want over 90 to get like more options I guess. I got told to try do a double degree for a Bachelor of Business and A Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at UTS but it's a really vague degree (intelligence and innovation) and I've never done business or any social science unless geography counts. So I still have no clear degree direction but getting above 90 would be preferred or my parents might kill me. 😅
You could still get a 90+ atar with that math mark if you do well in the rest of your assessments.

Also I don't think you can just pick up a subject anymore anyway. The first set of year 12 assessments would have already finished for all subjects including SDD so I don't think you'll be able to pick it up now anyway.

Helpme2244

HSC
You could still get a 90+ atar with that math mark if you do well in the rest of your assessments.

Also I don't think you can just pick up a subject anymore anyway. The first set of year 12 assessments would have already finished for all subjects including SDD so I don't think you'll be able to pick it up now anyway.
Darn....well thanks for the help any way I guess. The first assignment for SDD's just part of the documentation for their major project but now I'm starting to fall behind in chemistry again and I'm starting to realise why I dropped SDD in the first place. 😅Thanks for the help though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)