dropping 2u for general?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
it's now term one of 2004 but we all know year 12 course started last year...so i should drop from 2u to general now, before the half yearlies, right???

pros and cons please

hard for me to catch up??

disadvantaged if i go to uni...as in make it harder for myself...say if i was gonna do accounting...and i went for cadetship interviews...would it disadvantage me??

i really dont like 2u...and it's the only subject i dont like....will general scale me down?? if i do good in general is it better than if i go crap in 2u??

Please Help !! i wana make the right decision :(

thanks...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by [4m th4 8ur82]
if i do good in general is it better than if i go crap in 2u??
Definitely.

Using SAM, a mark of 83 in General Mathematics gets scaled the same as a mark of 80 in Mathematics.. that shows that doing well in General avoids bad scaling.

renee6755

hey definantly change to general now... i did 2 weeks ago and its the best thing i ever did... i hated 2u and now i love general its so simply its all the things i was doing in years 9 and 10

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I changed from 2u to general at the beginning of term 1 last year. Best thing l ever did - its simpler than 2u and not much h/w either!

esquared

HSC
Originally posted by renee6755
hey definantly change to general now... i did 2 weeks ago and its the best thing i ever did... i hated 2u and now i love general its so simply its all the things i was doing in years 9 and 10
I agree, although if you can handle 2U dont do it just to relax, you might regret it

personally i was bottom of the grade in 2U after getting 96 in school certificate.. i was working too

now im great in general.. spose 2U stuff just doesnt click with me

timrie6

HSC
N/A
DEFINATELY CHANGE
so much better
takes the load of ur other subjects

chardie2

i also changed at the start of year 12 and find general so much more rewarding. If it's scaling your worried about.... don't quote me on this though if you at the top end of your subject (in the state) scaling does not affect you anyway!

Just work hard and you will be so satisfied with the marks. Much more rewarding than 2u.

Goodluck.

HSC
N/A
Sweetie I dropped from 3U to General- I know what you were going through, and I'm very happy for you that you made the decision to drop down :)

Best wishes!
glitterfairy

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was consistently failing 2u, but when I made the decision to drop to general, everyone had the same reaction of "general math = doom!" I ended up with a 95. So yeah, it ended up suiting me better.

snot

ok its now what third term adn general has done two assesments and im looking at dropping back from maths to general. do you guys think that they would let me do this and if they did how do you think they would work out my mark

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^^ at our school, in 1st term they wouldnt let people drop from 2unit to general, but thats our school

see the deputy or whoever you have to see and check but do it soon

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by snot
ok its now what third term adn general has done two assesments and im looking at dropping back from maths to general. do you guys think that they would let me do this and if they did how do you think they would work out my mark
You've left it somewhat late. It'd take you a while to catch up with all the work covered. It's not just a simplified version of 2u, it's different topics altogether. Not sure about your other qns.

Collin

HSC
N/A
^You dropped from THREE unit to General? Wtf.

Do General, and you'll be screwed for prospects in university relating to maths. General mathematics is insufficient in terms of prerequisite knowledge for practically anything needing maths, such as science. You might aswell not do any maths for that sake. Most people scrape at university maths for even 2 unit.

For dropping down to General, you just better damn well hope you get a good rank.

Becc

Originally posted by JKDDragon
^You dropped from THREE unit to General? Wtf.

Do General, and you'll be screwed for prospects in university relating to maths. General mathematics is insufficient in terms of prerequisite knowledge for practically anything needing maths, such as science. You might aswell not do any maths for that sake. Most people scrape at university maths for even 2 unit.

For dropping down to General, you just better damn well hope you get a good rank.
our careers advisor told me even though it isn't recognised by universities, that it isn't true that general maths won't help you out. apparently its more of the maths that will actually be used there in courses *i know not all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)