Dropping a subject after Half-yearlies (1 Viewer)

chocolo

HSC
So i got back my half yearly results and they're not looking great. I want to drop society and culture because that subject was the worse. Could the teacher not allow me to drop because I'm sort of half way or at least had all the research done for the PIP?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
So i got back my half yearly results and they're not looking great. I want to drop society and culture because that subject was the worse. Could the teacher not allow me to drop because I'm sort of half way or at least had all the research done for the PIP?
As long as you still have 10 units at the end of it, I don't see why they cannot prevent you from dropping. I dropped Japanese Continuers on the last day of second term (end of June), which by that time my speaking exam had already been booked.

ml125

HSC
You would probably be recommended not to drop the subject however I'm pretty sure you would still be allowed to do it if you have enough remaining units. However, since you are that far into the research and such, do you really want to drop the subject?

chocolo

HSC
But I'm literally coming last in the subject and i only got 50% for half yearlies.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
But I'm literally coming last in the subject and i only got 50% for half yearlies.
I would consider dropping it then. I dropped a subject where I had learned all the content and all that, but was barely above water in assessments and that, so I dropped well before trials.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have had a student drop a subject officially on the Monday when the HSC exam was on the Thursday.

She still had 10 units, had done most of the exams, had one on Thursday and one on Friday so decided to not bother with the one on Thursday and went through the process to drop it.

My point is you can drop at any time in Year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)