Dropping Ancient history (1 Viewer)

Iccehy

HSC
Hi y'all. Im in year 12, doing 12 units and really considering doing 10 units for the rest of my HSC.
But that means removing the safety net and surviving with what i have :(
For me, my teacher gives loads of homework for us to do, with short deadlines, i hardly finish, and end up never doing it.
[Did anyone else have loads of work for ancient?]
However ancient history seems like a relatively easy subject that i can do well, if i study the right way
What do you think????

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I do Ancient History, but I can get ahead of the work and still do considerably well in exams. If you cant get ahead on the daily work then I'd say you drop it since it could hinder your ranks and results and most especially your HSC.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop it if you aren't going well in assessments otherwise keep it.Also consider how much you "enjoy" the subject

Iccehy

HSC
I can't tell, i just hate the teacher, because all she does is give us piles of hw, she doesn't teach us. its pretty much self study :(
I like the subject, but i don't know how to manage the hw

Iccehy

HSC
I don't know about your class teacher, but hw is like 'summarise this 15page article' or 'do 25 qs on politics'
there's so much to do, it just leaves wondering if doing this workload is effective at all

DepressedPenguino

HSC
I don't know about your class teacher, but hw is like 'summarise this 15page article' or 'do 25 qs on politics'
there's so much to do, it just leaves wondering if doing this workload is effective at all
Not sure if srs lol

britaker

HSC
I would keep the subject tbh, the amount of stress being on 10-11 units and fear of bombing an exam is not worth it...

Iccehy

HSC
Do u do considerably well for all your subjects though? I'm not doing that well for my other subjects (mostly get C's), so thats why i'm considering dropping a subject that has alot of work. But i'm hesitating because, i don't have confidence in topping my 5 other subjects :(

HSC
Is there a chance of you learning the content as a study group or getting textbooks/ resources? Personally, I don't know why teachers who don't want to teach properly are allowed to teach hsc.
How does she teach?
e.g my teacher (he's so enthusiastic about history)
- has powerpoints summarising the main points
-explains each point when going through the slides and adding info on the whiteboard
-gives us reading booklets including sources and extra readings
-gets us to do understanding questions
-advises us to do dot point summaries

some teachers don't help properly but weigh it with the things that does help, then see if that is manageable

evasharman

HSC
I would say hang on to it for a bit longer and see how you feel as a new topic will begin really soon. If things really don't feel right (trust your gut, and how your marks are going) change from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)