Dropping subjects between trials and HSC (1 Viewer)

beccygoddess

HSC
Got my exam results back today for Chem, and I failed miserably. Got 41%
What does everybody think about dropping a subject after trials and before HSC. I do 12 units, so I can afford to drop it. And its my worst subject- I'm expecting band 5/6 in everything else. But I've already done most of the schoolwork (except that we have 1 entire topic left to cover!!!)

So would it be worth dropping it now? Or should I just suck it up and work really hard before the HSC? I'd be so annoying if I work my arse off and it doesn't even count.

HSC
i dropped a subject just before my trial exam, like literally 1 day before the exam. if you think it won't be counted, drop that shit. :)

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
beccygoddess said:
Got my exam results back today for Chem, and I failed miserably. Got 41%
What does everybody think about dropping a subject after trials and before HSC. I do 12 units, so I can afford to drop it. And its my worst subject- I'm expecting band 5/6 in everything else. But I've already done most of the schoolwork (except that we have 1 entire topic left to cover!!!)

So would it be worth dropping it now? Or should I just suck it up and work really hard before the HSC? I'd be so annoying if I work my arse off and it doesn't even count.
shut up and work harder...toughen up

beccygoddess

HSC
hopethisworks said:
shut up and work harder...toughen up
Thanks for the help- its nice to know that you can come here 2 find people who are sympathetic

karnage

HSC
Well if you are very very confident that you will do well in your other 10 units worth of subjects, and aren't willing to go hard out at chemistry which might affect your other subject performance then maybe its a ok idea to drop it.
But then again, you've gone this far with it. Maybe see it out to the end? I dont know, its up to you.

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
what is your hsc timetable like?
namely where chem falls.
if its near other exams that you can ace, you might be better off dropping it.
but if you have a few days off here and there, i suppose you can still give it your best shot. after all, more of a backup. what if you stuff up another exam? you can never be too sure.

runnable

HSC
Internal assessments are all about the RANK. You can get 41% and come first, you will be in the goods to get band sixes easily.

If your rank is truly atrocious compared to your other subjects, then you should drop it.

beccygoddess

HSC
Yeah, I know about the rank thing. I was coming 14/21 at the half yearlies, but then I came 7th or 8th in an assignment that was worth 30%. I'm not quite sure what my rank is now, but I know that the average was 51%, so I'm a fair bit below average.

My approximate ranks for everything else;
SOR: 10-15/ 91 ish
Advanced English: top 10/70ish
Modern: 8/45
Ancient: 3/15
Economics: 3/20
History Ext: 1/3

Last edited:

Classic Rudiger

Such if Life.
HSC
Chemistry is one of the last exams.
If you drop it then you finish your exams earlier.
That might be a consideration.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
my brother got less that that for chem - 30 something percent in his trial and was ranked second last, he ended up with an external mark of 80. different circumstances yeah...but you're saying you were 10 off the average? that's not that much...
best thing to do is not give yourself the option. all that time spent agonising "will i wont i" would be better spent studying. you must have been aware that only 10 units will count going in; so best to just give everything your all now. well, that's what i'm doing anyway.

bmn

HSC
beccygoddess said:
Well as you're a 68 year old TROLL, I'm not really inclined to care what you think.

dont bag the trolls just coz ur shit and cant handle a subject

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you can drop it if it's taking up too much time or you're basically thinking it's not gonna count. i'm doing that.

Monika D

HSC
i almost dropped art today but i stopped whinging and i just worked for 8 hours straight on my major work and finished it. now im not worried. stop whinging and just try harder.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Teslacoil said:
If I could I would...

Isn't it kinda pointless to drop a subject now?
Well, the 10 best units are counted. So if you think that you're doing really crap in some subject, then maybe you could drop that subject in order to concentrate firmly on your 10 units. That's the only logical reason I'd think of if someone was dropping a subject this late.

Sezza08

HSC
REBECCA!
DO NOT DROP CHEMISTRY! YOU WONT COME LAST! IM IN THE CLASS!

no seriously, stay with us. =]
i stand by what i said this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)