Dropping to 10 units, safe move? (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
Well, I just don't enjoy the class, I don't find the subject interesting, I can use the time to study for other subjects (which I'm doing well in), I'm not doing too well at it, but is it safe to drop to 10 units?

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
You just answered your own question :) if you think you can use the time better, go for it

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
As long as you're confident in your 10 unit, drop. It's not worth having all this extra time and pain invested into a subject that effectively won't count. That energy is better spent elsewhere, i.e. your other subjects.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It sounds like you have already know you answer-drop the subject if you know it wouldn't be your best 10 units in the HSC.

Chubbeh

HSC
You hate it, aren't interested in it, don't like the class, and aren't doing well at it - as long as you're doing better in your other subjects... Droppity drop drop!

enoilgam

HSC
There is no point in doing extra units if they are unlikely to count towards your ATAR, so I say drop.

Hopp

HSC
I was in the same position, around a month ago now. I was doing 12 units and was contemplating for a long time whether it was a good idea to drop EES, main reasons being that it has a lot of content, doesn't contemplate for this content in scaling, and the teacher was teaching the subject for the first time, although I did readily enjoy it. In the end I decided to drop it, haven't even considered a regression towards the issue and am really utilizing the extra free periods.

In my opinion, if the only reason for dropping that subject is because you don't enjoy it, it's probably not a strenuous enough reason for the commitment of dropping a subject. No one adores a subject, they might prefer it over others or sometime look forward to a certain lesson, but in the end; school is school. However, the ultimate decision is obviously yours, if there are other factors which have contributed to your consideration of dropping a specific subject, then go ahead.

nikhilverma

HSC
Hey I'm in a very similar position to you! i want to do med next year and i was considering dropping biology or business. everyone told me the natural choice was to drop business but i find business easier and biology very dry. My ranking is better (2nd compared to 3rd) so im really stuck cause a lot of people say that biology will really help for med!
But i will probably stick with it cause theres only 2 terms left and I'm doing 4 unit maths which is always risky. but my recommendation is to drop, just to 10 units and kill it.
Hope it helps

williamdaft

HSC
Well, I just don't enjoy the class, I don't find the subject interesting, I can use the time to study for other subjects (which I'm doing well in), I'm not doing too well at it, but is it safe to drop to 10 units?
Yep as long as you're confident in the 10 units which is what I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)