• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dropping to Standard (1 Viewer)

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
i dropping to standerd best decision eva
clearly

I got 60s throughout the year and got 89 in the hsc
got ~30% in 1/2 yearlies (iirc lel :/) and 46% in the trials; final HSC mark was 72. I believe in you OP

(got a good rank because smashed all my assignments thought because I didn't do them last minute :D)

Sinyeta

HSC
N/A
clearly

got ~30% in 1/2 yearlies (iirc lel :/) and 46% in the trials; final HSC mark was 72. I believe in you OP

(got a good rank because smashed all my assignments thought because I didn't do them last minute :D)
wow ur school must also marked hard!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
wow ur school must also marked hard!
I wish that was the case lel :/. In the 1/2 yearlies I didn't finish the essay or creative and talked about colour in the picture that was given. I think I wrote something along the lines of "it can be seen that through the use of warm colours that juxtaposes with the cool colours it shows a false sense of belonging hence he does not belong". Pretty sure I am on the same level as that star wars guy. I got 2/15 for that reading task :D

When the markers were reading my paper; they were probably saying "not sure if srs"

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I wish that was the case lel :/. In the 1/2 yearlies I didn't finish the essay or creative and talked about colour in the picture that was given. I think I wrote something along the lines of "it can be seen that through the use of warm colours that juxtaposes with the cool colours it shows a false sense of belonging hence he does not belong". Pretty sure I am on the same level as that star wars guy. I got 2/15 for that reading task :D

When the markers were reading my paper; they were probably saying "not sure if srs"
skillz

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
probably just missed out on a state rank. I was just trying to remember key words from class lel
hahah yeah probably just

lol same I was lyk going through the list of techniques in my head. English is barely English lol.

HSC
Do standard unless you want a >98.5 atar
You can get an atar >98.5 by doing standard lol.

To get an atar greater than 98.5, you do realise you need to band 6 in almost all your subjects.
You can still get an atar in that range provided you score a high band 5 in english lol, regardless of it being advanced or standard.
And advanced & Standard scaling is essentially the same.

And those who tend to aim for high atar's like such, will put effort in all their subjects.

HSC
I'm leaning more towards the Standard english course as I doubt that I think I can continue doing advanced, looking at my scores. My teacher says I have potential to do better but am not clearly exercising my abilitied well enough. Can I please get opinions in regards to both courses thx.
I'm doing Advanced (I hate English but surprisingly it's my best subject) and my advice is to NOT drop to Standard. You may think you're not the best at Advanced but you're not terrible either, and Standard is pretty much the same. It's not 'easier'. There's not that much difference and it's really not worth it.

Go for 4unit if you're capable of the maths! ^^ I've heard a lot of topics in Physics go well with the 4unit stuff :) If you're still not sure just try it out and see how you go - if you hate it then you can just drop. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)