Drug Legalisation (2 Viewers)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
They're more dangerous / toxic than pot at least, however I would probably wager that in some cases pot gives u a bigger buzz... well maybe not bigger than alcohol.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
troll n.
Name branded onto people by others (particularly on internet forums) in an attempt to discredit and/or insult them.

woops, want another reference? :D

Isn't alcohol a depressant? Meh, i wouldn't know as i've never tried enough of it.
slightly better

3/10

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm on the legalizing side, especially for recreational/"soft" drugs.

Why should I have to be nervous about getting caught while engaging in some harmless (to others) fun? Its my right to do what I like (so far as I'm not harming others) in my own home. *jumps on libertarian bandwagon*

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
troll n.
Name branded onto people by others (particularly on internet forums) in an attempt to discredit and/or insult them.

woops, want another reference? :D

Isn't alcohol a depressant? Meh, i wouldn't know as i've never tried enough of it.
You pass judgement on so much having never tried it. I used to do the same.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
pot has affects but it's safer than alcohol / cigarettes.
You are still smoking. While smoking causes cancer pot causes an altered mental state a mental state that is not suited to being very productive at anything (other perhaps than being a tortured artist or writer). Some people are strong enough to smoke it once a month, in the privacy of their own homes and suffer no negative side affects. Users who do not have the will to moderate their use and who become completely mentally dependent on the state of conscienceness created by pot will have their lives most probably destroyed by the 'harmless' drug.

I'm not in favour banning pot. Banning substances is not a very good way to get rid of them. However like all drugs there should be regulations to save the stupid from themselves. I also don't think it is a behaviour that should be encourged. Much like drinking excessively should not be encouraged. If you visit Europe and other such places you will notice that smoking is more popular than it is here in Australia. Why? Probably Europe and the US had none of the nanny state antics emoployed by various Australian governments since Fraser. I'm talking about slip slop slap, wear you seat belt, dont drink and drive, be active and don't smoke etc etc

I myself being a control freak don't like the feeling of loosing control of my mental and physical state. But if others want to do it within the confines of their own home without hurting other people then they are allowed to do it. I wouldn't go as far as saying that pot is a totally harmless drug that has good side affects for the average 16 year old. The government adds that dramatise the possible affects of pot shouldn't be too unfamilar to most kids. I know plenty of kids who destroyed promising starts at school with pot. The social stigma has to stay. Much like the social stigma attached to heavy drinking (well some people think its cool, but then again there are no shortage of idiots of there. Why not have a browse through Myspace).

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I personally don't find a stigma at all attached the binge drinking, it seems >50% of people my age do it, and the rest aren't phased by the fact that others do it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No - I just want to see the study so I can find out exactly what it's saying - the study will have the names of the researchers for me. From your dot point tho it just seems to say stuff like 'short term memory loss' which isn't that shocking.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
lol. They are the people that fund this research, no one else would. Its very reliable.
Yeah... I'll look into it. I sincerely want accurate and reliable cross-tested information, but when it comes to drugs you really don't know who to believe. Anyway, I reckon government ministers are the biggest hypocrites around when it comes to young people and young people having fun.

dilroy

HSC
Take a look at Singapore, hardly any crime, no idiot druggos roaming around, no kids who think they're cool gangsters wandering around the CBD.

Now we got Australia, what use to be a perfect country, I mean people say 20 years ago you could leave the house with your doors open and nothing would happen... nowadays you got bogans up your arse.

Tougher laws are needed, bring in death penalty I say!.
It would be cool and pretty funny to see a death penalty system in Australia, imagine a world with no robbers, druggos and idiot gangs... we could kill all the youths living off centrelink for money to buy drugs... and the bogan single mothers wouldn't have to care about looking after their idiotic kids because they'd be gooone.
Also, this would cause refugees to turn ship and head to NZ instead of our shores.

Note: Yes I am a complete dickhead.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a police state where the people live in fear of being suspected of being against the government.
That description is a bit over the top, even for Singapore.

davin

HSC
N/A
why don't we just create a giant computer system we plug everyone into so that they can't actually do anything to one another?

davin

HSC
N/A
ok, why don't we just lock everyone up in jail cells?

yy

HSC
N/A
dilroy said:
Take a look at Singapore, hardly any crime, no idiot druggos roaming around, no kids who think they're cool gangsters wandering around the CBD.

Now we got Australia, what use to be a perfect country, I mean people say 20 years ago you could leave the house with your doors open and nothing would happen... nowadays you got bogans up your arse.

Tougher laws are needed, bring in death penalty I say!.
It would be cool and pretty funny to see a death penalty system in Australia, imagine a world with no robbers, druggos and idiot gangs... we could kill all the youths living off centrelink for money to buy drugs... and the bogan single mothers wouldn't have to care about looking after their idiotic kids because they'd be gooone.
Also, this would cause refugees to turn ship and head to NZ instead of our shores.

Note: Yes I am a complete dickhead.
is that sarcasm? sorry, i'm not very good at detecting sarcasm on the internet.
death penalty = no crime?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)