• Yes, under strict conditions and supervision

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No, Punishments should be even harsher

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
HSC
bush tucker man creating a laptop and modem out of kangaroo hide eucalpytus twigs and wires made from grass strands so he can post on bos

boris

Banned
HSC
did not read last page on speed though so i am slightly confused at myseld

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i understand what you're saying, but you are the one who said "the issue at hand being that recreational use is never an approved cause for prescription". although it implicitly is, i just mentioned that most 'new' psychoactives require prescriptions (probably because many are dangerous). my point was more that recreational drugs are outside the brief of medical prescription, in part because Rx has implications of responsibility, safety, and liability in the treatment of disorder. i also doubt that doctors would be the appropriate medical professional for prescribing recreational drugs, which demands a patient-role. so i think non-prescription OTC use supervised by pharmacists would be more appropriate.

i definitely agree that it should be systematically possible for a benign drug to be made legal. i mean, salvia divinorum is banned for pretty much ~no reason~ other than the state's hostility to potent psychoactives. but i also think interest groups would be a logjam in this process, as they would demand extensive evaluations and re-evaluations of potential products, and also argue over the benign nature of products. this would also require a bit of an overhall of the state-federal mix in australia drug law. at the end of the day i don't think harmlessness is an adequate quality for legality (individual decision making/cost-benefit analysis is more reasonable imo).

HSC
Drug Decriminalisation

HEY EVERYONE RICHARD BRANSON RECKONS WE SHOULD DECRIMINALISE DRUGS WHAT A GOOD NEW IDEA AND DICK SMITH (SOMEWHAT) AGREES

http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...decriminalise-now-branson-20120124-1qem4.html

The war on drugs has failed and it's time to decriminalise their use, billionaire British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson says.
And he has been praised by Australian entrepreneur Dick Smith for speaking out on an issue on which "most people will say nothing".

Sir Richard, who is due to appear at a British parliamentary inquiry into drug policy today, wrote in London's Telegraph that political leaders needed to find the courage to speak out against current drug policies.
"Over the past 50 years, more than $1 trillion has been spent fighting this battle, and all we have to show for it is increased drug use, overflowing jails, billions of pounds and dollars of taxpayers' money wasted, and thriving crime syndicates," he wrote.
"It is time for a new approach."

Mr Smith, who said he had discussed this issue with Sir Richard in the past, told smh.com.au the Virgin boss would not have spoken out if he did not feel strongly about it.

Mr Smith said that, while he generally agreed with Sir Richard's opinions, he believed it would be almost impossible for people to change their views on the criminalisation of drug use.
"I think he's probably right but I don't think it will happen. We all say, if drugs are illegal we should be able to stop them."

HSC
Re: Drug Decriminalisation

@smh tell him to spend time in an ED when an addict is coming down or a teenager OD's for the 1st time. Or in a 1/2wayhouse #stayillegal

@smh Ppl r not in their right mind whether it be cocaine marijuana etc Imagine someone dies from someone high legaly. They won't get charged

@smh If cannabis use were decriminalised, users could grow weaker, chemical-free plants. Hard drugs shd remain illegal

@smh I think legalising it is saying it's ok, and it's not ok. The very least society can do is to let our kids know taking drugs is NOT ok.

@smh - i dont think all drugs should be but maybe surely Pot could be - then the government could tax the hell out of it?

i cant live in a world filled with these people UNLESS i have drugs ok

Garygaz

HSC

whatever dick smiths opinion is he is still a ginormous, smug cunt

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

Any Australian PM who considered it would quickly find themselves in the same position as Gough, courtesy of the CIA

Garygaz

HSC

meh to be honest does it really matter? i mean, if you want to do drugs, you can, there is a market there and you most likely are not going to go to jail for it (unless you somehow manage to get caught). even if it was legalized, imagine how expensive it would all be, the cost of pot would probably triple, quadruple or worse from taxes. All strains of drugs would be sold in their weakest forms. you'd line up at some shitty pharamacy behind other randoms to get your poison.

tbh it ain't that bad at the moment

HSC

supply is pretty short brah and lol prices would drop they are artificially inflated a billion times also no mdma i would like this fixed

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

m8 drug prices would tank if they were legalised. unit costs would plummet because producers no longer have to price in the risk of seizure, corruption and cheating in distribution and sale, reprisal, gaol time, transaction costs and transportation costs.

it is bad at the moment. there are so many inefficiencies in the current system (both in terms of economics, or individual and societal welfare). it isn't "that bad" at the moment, but it could be a lot better.

HSC

$350 an ounce for some plant matter

$250 a gram for some power made with otc pseudoephidrine and shit lol so spenno

Garygaz

HSC

to be fair weed is a cheap drug, and it seems to be the one there is the biggest push for legalization for. (seems funny to label it a gateway drug, in affect it could be a gateway drug for decriminalization of other drugs). if you smoked every day, $50 would last you a few weeks maybe, depending~ how much cheaper could it be? i'm sure the government won't legalize it and then say 'marlboro green 20 pack, $11'

HSC

smokin every day a quarter lasts you about 2 weeks so $50 a week (this is all totally irrelevant)

i was being facetious when i said its a gateway drug lol in reply to agent greenies post which he deleted

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A

magic mushrooms are free if you know where to find them

I seriously hope you guys aren't paying for drugs

HSC

magic mushrooms are free if you know where to find them

I seriously hope you guys aren't paying for drugs
we tried but i think we are too west/too dry and the guys trying to convince me otherwise were talking shit

yeah i mean australia is covered in acacia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)