Duke of Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Aerath said:
Yeah, I should've done it back in Year 9. Sounds interesting. :\
You have until you're 25 to complete it.

Also, you can do immediate entry into silver or gold, and you'd just have to do extra hours on the service and skills sections, and do some extra training for expeditions so you get up to speed.

limecookie

HSC
Hey, I'm in Yr 11 atm and I've just decided that I want to do DOE. Is it too late to join now? If not, should I go for Silver or Gold? The problem is, I'm not 16 yet.. so I'd have to wait until September to do Gold.. :(

Silver or Gold?? D: Does Gold take a reallly long time? i.e. 2 years?
and ... I don't understand what I have to do for Skills?

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
limecookie said:
Hey, I'm in Yr 11 atm and I've just decided that I want to do DOE. Is it too late to join now? If not, should I go for Silver or Gold? The problem is, I'm not 16 yet.. so I'd have to wait until September to do Gold.. :(

I remember our DoE coordinator explaining the skill bit.. Basically he asked, Can any of you read? That's a skill, Play an instrument?

bawd

HSC
limecookie said:

It's all here:

http://www.dukeofed.org.au/

I regret not doing it in Year 9 as well, but I think I might ask my School's coordinator about doing it and skipping to Silver or even Gold (since I am 16), even if I have my HSC coming up next year. I might as well make use of the time that will end up wasted from my procrastination anyway. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)