Dux College (1 Viewer)

ATAR_boy

HSC
Dux College seems to be very results-orientated, almost to an extreme. I don't think I've encountered any other tutoring institution that markets itself so heavily on "maximising ATAR", "getting band 6/E4" and "perfecting exam technique"...at least in the western suburbs anyway
Yep, that is very much correct. Yet, you must look at the Pros and Cons of such an approach by a tutoring institution.

Obviously, the main aim for any HSC Student is to get 99.95 ATAR, whether you get it, is dependent on yourself. The slogan of 'maximising ATAR' is putting un-necessary pressure on the shoulders of all students who attend Dux. After all, not everyone can be 'Dux'. :idea::idea::idea::idea:

johNNyboy772

HSC
i went to their holiday course at their Parra branch and it was very helpful. The tutor was awesome. he was very 'into' the subject - i give him 10/10 for enthusiasm/humour :p

i'm most likely going to sign up to their yearly course for a few subjects this year. They seem to be the cheapest out of matricks, talent30 etc :D:D

hope that helps

Great2daMax

HSC
i went to their holiday course at their Parra branch and it was very helpful. The tutor was awesome. he was very 'into' the subject - i give him 10/10 for enthusiasm/humour :p

i'm most likely going to sign up to their yearly course for a few subjects this year. They seem to be the cheapest out of matricks, talent30 etc :D:D

hope that helps
what course did you attend for he holiday course?
was it the sciences or the maths?
if for sciences how was it like and its structure?
was it really useful to get ahead of the course, did they rush it since it was 2 days consisting 4 hours ?
is that even enough to build have theoretical concepts?

carlytse621

HSC
I had the physics tutoring since term 3 last year and it was really helpful ;)
btw I had ahmad in the fairfield branch, he probably tutoring in para too not sure
anyway i got 95+/100 in hsc physics ;)

johNNyboy772

HSC
what course did you attend for he holiday course?
was it the sciences or the maths?
if for sciences how was it like and its structure?
was it really useful to get ahead of the course, did they rush it since it was 2 days consisting 4 hours ?
is that even enough to build have theoretical concepts?
i went for Physics... It was quite fast but then they did tell us beforehand that it was strictly a 'revision / overview' course, and not as a replacement for year-long tutoring or self-study...

I found it helpful because it was revision for the 1st module, and they focused on the key concepts on the 2nd module which was easy to understand, not too overwhelming

project10

HSC
hey guys

does any1 have any experience with this place? i went to their website www.duxcollege.com.au and it looks pretty good.. just want to get more opinions before going there for a trial lesson

thanks

HSC
hey guys

does any1 have any experience with this place? i went to their website www.duxcollege.com.au and it looks pretty good.. just want to get more opinions before going there for a trial lesson

thanks

They're pretty good considering the price and small class sizes. The tutors are good at explaining things clearly so if ur like me and u have a school teacher who can't teach, this place helps.

They also give you discounts for referring friends :) me and a friend went for a trial lesson (yr 11 3u maths) and the manager at the parra place gave us their referral discount, even though its technically for existing students, so that was a sweet deal

i think because they're still small, they want to get their name out there, so they are offering tutoring at a lower than usual price etc for people who bring friends

harhar

HSC
any1 go there for maths extension 1?
i heard good things about this place from a friend of mine

usamapp91

HSC
any recent info about this place? thinking of joining for year 11

edit: nvm read some other threads, looks good

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)