Dux thread for 2005 (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Our pres night is this Tuesday... I'm pretty sure I came 3rd, but will find out for sure then. 1st and 2nd are a long way ahead of me though =(

elisabeth

HSC
Whoever is our dux will have to wait a year to be formally recognised. I mean, we got our awards at year 12 grad in sept and prezo night was last thursday... the timing is crap, don't they think that the person will have moved on and be over it by the next year?

Gay Captain

HSC
I only have to wait until the end of term 1 next year, to receive my cheque for the princely sum of $1,000. :rolleyes:

Sober

HSC
Gay Captain said:
I only have to wait until the end of term 1 next year, to receive my cheque for the princely sum of $1,000. :rolleyes:
Wow, thats double I'm getting. Is it for dux? The dux at my school only gets like $100.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
our dux was predicted to be dux since she started year 7
and suprise suprise...she got dux
and would you believe shes working at our highschool now..
like wtf...

Kirika

HSC
yeah i got first in all six of my subjects but our dux goes on uai, which means my brother, who came first in 5 of his quite possibly could get it and beat me :( its kinda silly coz our presentation nite is the nite b4 results come out, they could just have it a coupla days later. not that u get an award for it or anything, just ur name on board. ohhh.... but i really want to get it!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Kirika said:
yeah i got first in all six of my subjects but our dux goes on uai, which means my brother, who came first in 5 of his quite possibly could get it and beat me :( its kinda silly coz our presentation nite is the nite b4 results come out, they could just have it a coupla days later. not that u get an award for it or anything, just ur name on board. ohhh.... but i really want to get it!
u and ur bro are in the same year?
are you twins?
how cool

P

pLuvia

You get money for being dux :D, so lucky, our dux and award winners get nothing but stupid medals and certificates :(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
our dux was predicted to be dux since she started year 7
and suprise suprise...she got dux
and would you believe shes working at our highschool now..
like wtf...

Our Year 12 dux this year fits that exact profile, right down to the very real possibility that he'll be working at my school next year. Eeek.

I_F

P

pLuvia

Our dux has been since year 7 and might be overtaken by another person next year, how shameful

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
That's really, really embarassing, pipped when it actually means something... :p

I_F

boite nature

HSC
physician said:
I didn't get Dux, but i got the 'Caltex all rounder award'...lol
my school has a caltex all rounder award...
does anyone else's school give a prize for prox. acc.? cause i got that. it is the prize for second and for some reason at our school it always ends up being a tie. i don't think people were very happy about me winning it though... i did general maths and only did 10 units... but i did well at all 10 of them! yay

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
pLuvia said:
You get money for being dux :D, so lucky, our dux and award winners get nothing but stupid medals and certificates :(

we get $50 for every internal assessment mark over 90...

Although dux doesnt get money! ... but that doesnt matter since our dux has collected about $1200 worth, seeing as almost every single assessment mark was 90+.

elisabeth

HSC
Damn, I'm sick of hearing about how practically every other school gives money and stuff for academic achievements... coz I could've made a bundle :(

Sober

HSC
physician said:
we get $50 for every internal assessment mark over 90...
WTF are you for real? Thats insane! Private school or funded by who?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Sober said:
WTF are you for real? Thats insane! Private school or funded by who?

well its private, but not very well off in terms of money, still buidling its way up (only been open for about 11 yrs or so)..

but 2005 yr 12 is only comprised of 20 students, so theyre not giving car loads of money to students (since there arent many to begin with)

out of 20 students only about 12 actualy got $50 or more, and the average was about $100-200 for those who did get 90+ in assessments.

Because its a small school i think its a very good idea, in larger schools itll probably cause financial problems!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
elisabeth said:
Damn, I'm sick of hearing about how practically every other school gives money and stuff for academic achievements... coz I could've made a bundle :(
lol i reckon ! my schools too poor ><*

fakingtheday

HSC
haha i ended up getting pwned, they gave it to some other chick. Shouldn't of been a trouble maker, they showed me whose boss.

Lesson: don't fight the system kiddies.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
fakingtheday said:
haha i ended up getting pwned, they gave it to some other chick. Shouldn't of been a trouble maker, they showed me whose boss.

Lesson: don't fight the system kiddies.

way ahead of you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)