• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

early entry letters (3 Viewers)

Scanorama

HSC
In the letter it said bring my original trial report (plus one copy) and my resume/portfolio). I will have 2 interviews tomorrow, does that mean i will need to bring 2 copies of my trial report and 2 copies of my resume/portfolio? Thanks :)

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
In the letter it said bring my original trial report (plus one copy) and my resume/portfolio). I will have 2 interviews tomorrow, does that mean i will need to bring 2 copies of my trial report and 2 copies of my resume/portfolio? Thanks :)
I'd say spend the extra 10 cents or whatever and do an extra copy just in case, much better to be overprepared than underprepared (In relation to the report) :)

One full copy of your portfolio should do, although perhaps two copies of the resume section would be wise (I usually have a stack of spares in the back of my portfolio just in case).

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
So whos going tomorrow? i don't even know where mine is anymore so i will be going early

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Is there any photocopier in the uni for public use?
http://www.library.uow.edu.au/helptraining/faqs/opps.html

There is currently a transitional period, though the library say that you can purchase a guest copy card in order to access the photocopies for approximately $2.20. I haven't really been around the library since the new system, so I can't really offer much more detail than that, but I'd assume it should all be up and running by now.

neuro_logik

HSC
I'm going tomorrow, Comp Sci and Internet Sci Interview, I hope I'm ready. i spent my afternoon in the public library photocopying and at home collating my resume, references and academic portfolio, i guess im ready to go.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Hmmm didyou people actually get told yo had an interview, or is it only an information day for the health and behavioural sciences people. becouse i have heard nothing about an actual interview

Scanorama

HSC
Thanks ogmzergrush.

One more thing. On the letter it said 'In order to activite your offer with UAC we must have your UAC reference number; please provide this to the interviewer on the day.

The problem is I've applied for 2 interviews in 2 different courses. While only 1 course can be my first perference. What if I got an offer for my 2nd perference course?? Thanks :)

neuro_logik

HSC
Tenille said:
Hmmm didyou people actually get told yo had an interview, or is it only an information day for the health and behavioural sciences people. becouse i have heard nothing about an actual interview
Im going for an interview in the informatic faculty, i dunno about health and behavioural sciences check your letter.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
my letter is about 20 words long i don't even think i have to attend the day, the days schedual doesent say anything either

Scanorama

HSC
neuro_logik said:
Just change the order of your preferences on the UAC website :p
ok so they will let me know whihc course i got the offer? Let's say if I get the offer which is my 2nd perference course, will they find out that is not my first perference? And do I still have the chance to change?

HSC
Not 100% sure on that one, my first preference was what I got accepted for. I'm pretty sure you should have ample opportunity to change though, and perhaps if both preferences are at UOW it won't even be an issue. Either way you can ring and confirm afterwards if it's not made clear on the day :)

Habib

HSC
Whos pumped up for tomorrow? I think i am.
i dont have a resume or references, ive only got a portfolio which some awards and my reports. Im always gonna show 3 assignments which i got full/almost full marks. I know 3 sounds a lot, but ill just briefly describe them and stuff. I dont have a resume, is that a big problem?

Also, I didnt know you could register for 2 interviews, thats pretty awesome I wish I did that. I only chose BCompSc, i should have gone for BInfoTech as well, just incase i dont get into Computer Science.... but hopefully everything turns out the best for me.

Good luck everyone :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Resumes don't take long to make just a quick one, microsoft word usually has a thing thats makes them up for you or you can easily find an outline on the net

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
sorry darl i would not have the faintest idea about infomatics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)