Early Entry: Who Got In? (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
I got a UAI of 70.75 and I met 2 of 3 requirements for Bachelor of Computer Science. Any chance they will accept me if I plea my case?

neuro_logik

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
I got a UAI of 70.75 and I met 2 of 3 requirements for Bachelor of Computer Science. Any chance they will accept me if I plea my case?
Why not, you have an interest in the course, and you wern't that far off.

Scanorama

HSC
But they need to have at least UAI 75, im still 4.25 away, i hope they will accept me at the end...

Scanorama

HSC
My school is located in the Sutherland Shire and every year Wollongong will give a bonus of 3 UAI points for school located in the Shire. For the early entry requiremente, it said min. UAI 75, does that include the 3 bonus points? If so, Im only 1.25 points fall short. Thanks :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
My school is located in the Sutherland Shire and every year Wollongong will give a bonus of 3 UAI points for school located in the Shire. For the early entry requiremente, it said min. UAI 75, does that include the 3 bonus points? If so, Im only 1.25 points fall short. Thanks :)
Wollongong gives three bonus points to schools in all the surrounding shires (that is Sutherland, Wingecaribee, etc), Wollongong City, Shellharbour City, Kiama Municipality, Shoalhaven City blah blah blah, do I need go on?

The UAI criteria stated in your Early Entry condition is the UAI required. They will not count down three points for you. UoW expected the the UAI released by UAC would be 75.00. Sorry. You'll have to talk to them, but you're still 4.25 points short.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
I got a UAI of 84.85 and I live in the Shoalhaven therefore ill get a UAI of 87.85 for Wollongong, i'm still going to do Internet Science and Technology however, a friend of mine got a UAI of like 95 and is still doing Computer Science.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Terra_Niux said:
I got a UAI of 84.85 and I live in the Shoalhaven therefore ill get a UAI of 87.85 for Wollongong, i'm still going to do Internet Science and Technology however, a friend of mine got a UAI of like 95 and is still doing Computer Science.
Just because one gets a high UAI does not mean one must study for a degree which meets that requirement. I got a high UAI, yet I decided I'd like to study CompSci at Wollongong. I've had a look around at the course handbooks for other unis, and they don't interest me. I like Wollongong, and I don't intent on leaving.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
That's exactly what i'm trying to say, we both have strong interests in the courses we want to do and the wollongong uni is fairly close, I have a very strong skills and interests when it comes to the Internet and related subjects and my friend is incredibly knowledgeable at scientific aspects of computing, a high UAI has not deterred me or my friend from doing what we really want to do.

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
B.ComSci

Hey, I got Early Entry into B.ComSci, good thing too, my UAI ended up at 71.95! I have no idea how it came to be so low! 82 Adv. Math, 80 IT, 78 Bio and a pass in Ext.1 Math. UoW seems flexible. The Dean of Informatics seems like a good bloke, not too imposing and rather approachable.

Music Master

HSC
Hey guys, this is my first post, and so I have a few questions.

I want to apply for early entry this year for Computer Science and Computer Engineering, and I was wondering, what kind of stuff they asked you about in the interview; how long does the interview usually last; and what kind of stuff did you put in your portfolio?

CHEERS GUYS!!!

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
Um yeah np.

Basically once they know you meet the requirements, they want to know a bit about you and what you think you can/will do for the uni. Basically your trying to sell yourself, so make yourself presentable and professional. They like distinctions/credits in the maths competition *HINT* and science is also cool. Proof of participation is always great. They liked the letter I got back from Tropfest thanking for participation. *HINT*

Um yeah, most importantly, be yourself. Goodluck!

Scanorama

HSC
Gilbert said:
Um yeah np.

Basically once they know you meet the requirements, they want to know a bit about you and what you think you can/will do for the uni. Basically your trying to sell yourself, so make yourself presentable and professional. They like distinctions/credits in the maths competition *HINT* and science is also cool. Proof of participation is always great. They liked the letter I got back from Tropfest thanking for participation. *HINT*

Um yeah, most importantly, be yourself. Goodluck!
lol I got nothing like that, I only included a participation certificate of 2002 maths competition in my folder. I guess the most important bit is how you answer questions like why do you want to study at Wollongong, why do you want to do computer science (or insert the course name you've applied), what do you see yourself in 10 years time etc etc.

At the end they gave me a conditional offer, 80 for general maths, 65 for standard english and 75 UAI. I didnt meet the UAI requirement but they accepted me at the end anyway.

Good luck in your interview :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)