• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Early Entry: Who Got In? (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hey everyone!!!
I'm so excited i just got a letter saying i have a guarenteed place at Wollongong Uni!!!!!! I'm SO excited and relieved, it takes the pressure off study a bit, I'm still gunna do my best but!!!

I'm going into Population health!!!!! I'm so glad I've finally got in!!! YAY!!!!

rasta

population health

hey i got a conditional into population health. i have to get 77.5.
I was wondering if i put it as my third preference and put degrees with a higher preference first and second, would i still get into population health if i don't get into the other two but i do get over 77.5????

Habib

HSC
so guarantee means im in, no matter what mark? i still cant believe it, thats why im asking so many times...
so i can get a UAI of 30 and i still do computer science? or can they change their minds because of that?

dave_261

Habib said:
so guarantee means im in, no matter what mark? i still cant believe it, thats why im asking so many times...
so i can get a UAI of 30 and i still do computer science? or can they change their minds because of that?
The interviewers that I went to said that no matter what you get you are still in if you are guarrenteed. I dont think it would be a good idea though... you might regret it later or something plus if you get below 60 on your UAI your place wont register in their computers and you will have to deal with them personally by speaking to someone at UOW. They will still give you your spot but they wont be happy with you. Aparently it happened in Engineering a few years ago according to the sub-dean.

neuro_logik

HSC
dave_261 said:
The interviewers that I went to said that no matter what you get you are still in if you are guarrenteed. I dont think it would be a good idea though... you might regret it later or something plus if you get below 60 on your UAI your place wont register in their computers and you will have to deal with them personally by speaking to someone at UOW. They will still give you your spot but they wont be happy with you. Aparently it happened in Engineering a few years ago according to the sub-dean.
They break his or her legs?

Habib

HSC
serious? daamn a UAI of 60, i better go study...
*starts to worry*

neuro_logik

HSC
If i were you i wouldnt worry as much, you have a free ticket to go to a cool Uni, while me i have to study my ass off to get a UAI of 75+ to get into Comp Sci or Internet Sci

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hey Rusta, if i were you I would still put Population Health as your lst preference and then other courses with a slightly lower UAI just in case! Remember if you dont get into Population health and get into another degree you can always change once ur in the uni, thats what i've been told anyway!!
So did u got to the information day for Pop health??

rasta

hey jess. Nah i didn't go to the population health info day cause i was on a study camp haha it wasn't heaps geeky if that's what you're thinking.
anyway do u think you'll definitly go to UOW? where abouts are u from?undefined

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hey Rusta, Yeah i will definitely go to UOW, i've wanted to get in since year 9!!! The info day was pretty good, a fair few were there until after lunch then everyone went home except for me and my parents and this other girl from sydney. So we got a lot of information which was good!!
Which degree do you hope to do Bach of Arts or Bach of Science. I'm doing Arts.
I'm from Forbes NSW about 6 hours away from wollongong, where are you from?? Nah i wouldnt think a study camp is geeky! No way!! I would go on them if i could.
Where do you hope to live there?? i've applied for Werona College so hopefully i get a place there.

Anyway GOOD LUCK for tomorrow, it will be good to get the lst one out of the road!!!
Hope to hear from you soon, if u have MSN add me its jess_leask@hotmail.com
CYA

Spiked_Phate

overloaded student
HSC
hey people
i got a conditional offer for Ba. Comp Sci (hav ta get 90/120 in 2 units maths :(:(:( ) lol, i got like 20 something in my trial, but that was without study so who knows *shrugs*
and they didnt want me at dept engineering, so meh to them!

hope to see some of you there next year, an good luck with the exams

neuro_logik

HSC
Spiked_Phate said:
hey people
i got a conditional offer for Ba. Comp Sci (hav ta get 90/120 in 2 units maths :(:(:( ) lol, i got like 20 something in my trial, but that was without study so who knows *shrugs*
and they didnt want me at dept engineering, so meh to them!

hope to see some of you there next year, an good luck with the exams

dont u need 75/100 (Band 4) overall?

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Hey everybody,

I got my letter in the post and this is how it unfolded -

Unconditional entry into Bachelor of Internet Science and Technology

Conditional entry into Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology 70/100 for General Maths

You may ask, how did I get into Internet Science and Technology with only General Maths when the assumed knowledge is HSC extension 1 Maths, well the simple answer is... I don't know.

My Trial results were:

Standard English - 71% 1/45
General Mathematics - 69% 11/55
Business Studies - 80% 2/21
Information Processes and Technology - 91% 1/20
Software Design and Development - 85% 2/6
Chemistry - 79% 4/12

I hope to meet some people from these forums there, can't wait to study at Wollongong and I wish you all the best of luck in the HSC!

SYNeR

yey.
I got unconditional for Comp. Science as well as ICT (Software Engineering)..
not sure which one to do though heh

ethereal_666

equiski said:
Do you mean you're a musician too; because my interviewers seemed happy that I was in a rock band.
Yeah i got guaranteed entrance into Mechatronics Engineering and they seemed pretty stoked that i was in a band too. Dunno why but they kept tryin to relate music to the course???

neuro_logik

HSC
I got a UAI of 75.20 and met my other Requirements, I can get into Bachelor of Internet Sciene and Technology, I wanted to get into Computer Science I needed a minimum Maths mark of 75, but got 71, I'll have to call the faculty to plead my case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)