Early Entry (1 Viewer)

anonymousjmn

HSC
So the UAC account applications open tomorrow at 9am and I've got a few Uni's that I'm trying to apply for early entry.
Just wondering what questions they would typically ask so I can prepare a response?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
That would depend on the specific universities whose early entry programs you wish to apply for. If you consider USyd's Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme for instance, questions that you will likely need to respond to as part of your supporting document include:
  • Other than your regular schoolwork, which of your activities or achievements have been most meaningful to you? These could be sports, cultural, community or school leadership activities. Describe why it is important to you.
  • Describe an academic achievement you are most proud of.
  • Tell us why you want to/are motivated to study the course you have chosen (include any experience you may have had that relates to this course).
In the case of UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway, applicants are required to submit a personal statement that responds to the following questions:
  • Why are you interested in the course you are applying for? Tell us how this degree relates to your passions and goals.
  • What are your learning strengths? How have you applied them to overcome challenges in school or other aspects of your life?
  • Thinking about your future self at university. What do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these?
Additional information regarding USyd's Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme and UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway can be found using the following links:

In terms of early entry programs that emphasise student academic achievement in year 11 and/or year 12, questions may potentially be simple in nature as the main element assessed will be the student's results. Such programs include:
I hope this helps! :D

anonymousjmn

HSC
That would depend on the specific universities whose early entry programs you wish to apply for. If you consider USyd's Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme for instance, questions that you will likely need to respond to as part of your supporting document include:
  • Other than your regular schoolwork, which of your activities or achievements have been most meaningful to you? These could be sports, cultural, community or school leadership activities. Describe why it is important to you.
  • Describe an academic achievement you are most proud of.
  • Tell us why you want to/are motivated to study the course you have chosen (include any experience you may have had that relates to this course).
In the case of UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway, applicants are required to submit a personal statement that responds to the following questions:
  • Why are you interested in the course you are applying for? Tell us how this degree relates to your passions and goals.
  • What are your learning strengths? How have you applied them to overcome challenges in school or other aspects of your life?
  • Thinking about your future self at university. What do you identify as the key challenges for you and how do you plan to manage these?
Additional information regarding USyd's Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme and UNSW's Gateway Admission Pathway can be found using the following links:

In terms of early entry programs that emphasise student academic achievement in year 11 and/or year 12, questions may potentially be simple in nature as the main element assessed will be the student's results. Such programs include:
This was really helpful! - thanks a lot :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Helloo, what does each round mean?? E.g Undergraduate: April Round 1 application deadline
Essentially, offers to different university degrees are released through a set of rounds. Each round has an opening date after which you may begin the application process (or rearranging your preferences) and a deadline by which you must ensure that your preferences are sorted before the offers for the particular round are released. The example you provided most likely does not apply to you as a 2022 HSC student.

@jimmysmith560 how do we get the uac pin and stuff?
When you complete the personal details section of your application, you will be emailed your nine-digit UAC application number and your four-digit PIN.

ekjchale#1

HSC
Essentially, offers to different university degrees are released through a set of rounds. Each round has an opening date after which you may begin the application process (or rearranging your preferences) and a deadline by which you must ensure that your preferences are sorted before the offers for the particular round are released. The example you provided most likely does not apply to you as a 2022 HSC student.

When you complete the personal details section of your application, you will be emailed your nine-digit UAC application number and your four-digit PIN.
Wait I just wanted to make this clear, so like from tommorow we can sign-up and when we do the personal detail section we will be sent it right?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait I just wanted to make this clear, so like from tommorow we can sign-up and when we do the personal detail section we will be sent it right?
That is correct. The email should contain the following (see quote below):

Dear [Name]

Thank you for starting your undergraduate application.

This email was automatically generated when you entered your personal details.

Your application number is [Number]

Your UAC PIN is [Number]
Additional information regarding your application number and PIN can be found using the following link:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
How do the uni application "rounds" work and what is its purpose
@jimmysmith560
Essentially, each offer round has a date by which students must ensure that they set their preferences and a date for when offers for that specific round are released.

There are different types of rounds, and not all of them will apply to you. These include:
  • Offer rounds aimed at domestic students
  • Offer rounds aimed at international students
  • Offer rounds aimed at SRS applicants
As a current year 12 student, the main offer rounds, the basis for which will be your ATAR, are December Round 2 and January Round 1.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

God Did
HSC
Hi,

Recently, my Number 1 UAC preference for Bachelor Of Laws/ Bachelor Of Engineering (Hons) at USYD changed status from 'Decision Pending' To 'You Will Be Competing With Applicants For An Offer' - does this mean that my ATAR was above the 99.50 minimum requirement or was this change in status random and has nothing to do with my ATAR.

Many thanks,

Jamo4
I think it’s random, it is the same for all my options I’m pretty sure

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Recently, my Number 1 UAC preference for Bachelor Of Laws/ Bachelor Of Engineering (Hons) at USYD changed status from 'Decision Pending' To 'You Will Be Competing With Applicants For An Offer' - does this mean that my ATAR was above the 99.50 minimum requirement or was this change in status random and has nothing to do with my ATAR.

Many thanks,

Jamo4
No, this change in status for your first preference is not indicative of your ATAR. It reflects the fact that you have met whichever minimum requirements you needed to meet in order to be eligible for consideration for your chosen program (in this case, the Bachelor of Engineering Honours/Bachelor of Laws), such as English language requirements, which would have been expressed as "Decision pending – English language requirements" prior to the change. This is also applicable to other degrees that you may have applied to (see mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa's message). Other instances of such minimum requirements include the following:
  • Decision pending – additional selection criteria, which occurs in the case of courses that have additional criteria for selection and indicate that at a particular point in time, whether an applicant has met these criteria has not yet been decided.
  • Decision pending – course prerequisites, which occurs for courses that have subject prerequisites, i.e. at the time of seeing this status, it is not yet known whether the applicant has met a particular subject prerequisite(s).
  • Decision pending – previous exclusion, which is a status that you thankfully do not need to worry about.
The "You will be competing with other applicants for an offer" status is conveniently defined by UAC as having met minimum admission requirements and now competing with other applicants for an offer. However, this status does not solely guarantee an offer. The qualifications of an applicant and their competitiveness relative to other applicants will determine whether the applicant will be made an offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)