Early morning Vs. Late night Studying... (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
i prefer studying early in the morning but everyone else hates it coz i make heaps of noise :mad1:
you make noise while you study? what noise could you possibly make? Do you read aloud perhaps? :confused:

IcecreamIsHot

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
You would know.
Night and day, I study in my room, lighting dimmed, curled in a corner drooling over 4U math formulas.

Of course I'd know, fool

bellinda

HSC
if im studying in the weeks before exams its nights..

if im doing specifics like quotes for english or specific historical perspectives i work the night before the exam till like 10 and then i getup between 5 and 530 and keep working on them.. works pretty well.. exept ive had heaps of double up on exams on the trials.. yuck.. lol..

good luck everyone!!

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
i personally enjoy night time study, it's peaceful and there is no daylight to distract me from looking out my window. :3 i also enjoy staying up late and looking like trash in the morning (no sarcasm) haha.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
TDjie said:
i personally enjoy night time study, it's peaceful and there is no daylight to distract me from looking out my window. :3 i also enjoy staying up late and looking like trash in the morning (no sarcasm) haha.

lmaooo
so rnt the garbage trucks collecting the trash distracting??
:p

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Ahmed A said:
lmaooo
so rnt the garbage trucks collecting the trash distracting??
:p
lol. i dunno why (maybe my house walls are crappy), but at night we can always hear glass bottles being smashed, really loud music, people laughing/talking, the neighbour's really loud sound system, etc, etc....

oh yeah, and my family's all deaf, so they watch TV really loudly.

so, i find morning is much more peacful coz there's actually no sounds at all. :)

ads89

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Early morning Vs. Late night Studying...

studying through the night is even more insane. lol. If you're not prepared. then my recommendation would be to cram the night before until 11 or 12, then wake up at 6 and do another hour of recalling everything you crammed.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
I don't mind either method as long as I'm awake and fresh. One thing I can't do is studying when I'm really sleepy. I remember my highschool days when I get so damn sleepy after I come home from school that my head literally falls on the textbook when I'm reading it.

I don't get that anymore since I'm at uni and I can study whenever I want.

But I would support studying in the morning and early at night, never late at night. It just goes against our nature. Humans just aren't supposed to be night living beings.

Visigoth

endgame.
HSC
I find that staying up late at night to study is considerably better and has its advantages over waking up early. This is because when you wake up at, say 5am to study, you limit yourself to 2 hrs of cramming to 7am. However, if you start studying from around 11pm, you have the whole night ahead of you to absorb as much info as possible, and you may even find areas that you need to revise on at the last minute. You dont have to rush and think about time because there's up to a full 8 hrs if you need it.

Of course, staying up the whole night is overkill, but staying up that extra hour to revise the last few points is always good. I usually stay up to 3-4am the night before an exam. The worst thing that can happen to you before an exam is that you know that you are not fully prepared for it. Certainly there are other reasons why I choose to stay up late but this is by far the most prominent. From this, staying up to study is clearly superior.

Last edited:

ThomasF

Hit the Dew
HSC
For me, due to the fact I failed to make ANY notes or study prior to my trials, I am in a state where (for the past 10 days) where I study from around 9:00PM till 2:00AM, sleep, wake up at 6:30AM, study till 8:30AM, do my exam, waste the entire afternoon, then repeat.

IDK, for the past 6 or so years I have kind of acustomed my body to this sort of resigme, Since 1:00AM really is my day to day bed time.

Its just the getting up early which kills you. I say ride the 4 hour sleep train.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ThomasF said:
For me, due to the fact I failed to make ANY notes or study prior to my trials, I am in a state where (for the past 10 days) where I study from around 9:00PM till 2:00AM, sleep, wake up at 6:30AM, study till 8:30AM, do my exam, waste the entire afternoon, then repeat.

IDK, for the past 6 or so years I have kind of acustomed my body to this sort of resigme, Since 1:00AM really is my day to day bed time.

Its just the getting up early which kills you. I say ride the 4 hour sleep train.
hahaah i average around 12-1am as well ><
miss my sleep so much dude.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Visigoth said:
I find that staying up late at night to study is considerably better and has its advantages over waking up early. This is because when you wake up at, say 5am to study, you limit yourself to 2 hrs of cramming to 7am. However, if you start studying from around 11pm, you have the whole night ahead of you to absorb as much info as possible, and you may even find areas that you need to revise on at the last minute. You dont have to rush and think about time because there's up to a full 8 hrs if you need it.

Of course, staying up the whole night is overkill, but staying up that extra hour to revise the last few points is always good. I usually stay up to 3-4am the night before an exam. The worst thing that can happen to you before an exam is that you know that you are not fully prepared for it. Certainly there are other reasons why I choose to stay up late but this is by far the most prominent. From this, staying up to study is clearly superior.
:eek:
ive usually conked out by about 11 max lolz
so do you not look at the clock whilst studying?
coz if i was studyin dat late/early in2 d morning all id b doin is lookin at d clock hehe

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Ahmed A said:
coz if i was studyin dat late/early in2 d morning all id b doin is lookin at d clock hehe
No, you just go on with it. When you see it's starting to get light outside, that's when you're fucked.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
No, you just go on with it. When you see it's starting to get light outside, that's when you're fucked.
lmaooo!!
yeah now its even like that at 5 in the morning.
The sun just begins to rise at about 645ish.
That's wen i know that its 7 and time to get ready for school :(;
In other words, im a fucking gonner lolz
kool analagy soulsearcher by the way hehe :read:

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Rebekkie said:
i go to bed reasonably early to study in the morning so i'm always hungry. i don't make much noise actually studying but i make noise when getting breakfast. i like to cook a nice breakfast with the whole toast, fried eggs and stuff for real brain food and that's where the noise comes from.
YUMM
lucky you. I wish I had time on a study morning to make such a hearty breakfast. :( Even making Nutri-grain is proving to be too much of a hassle.. :p

Visigoth

endgame.
HSC
Ahmed A said:
Well, unlike yourself, I can stay up to as late as I want without my droziness becoming an serious impediment to my study, and no I do not look at the clock while studying. Looking at the clock is the last thing I want to do when I'm struggling to revise an entire subject for an exam in the followng morning. For me, it's only after when I wake up after 2 hrs of sleep do I feel really drowsy, so I can't really study in the mornings anyway.

Kmara2nv

HSC
farout lots of motivated people in this forum lol...i usually get home study for about 2 hours take an hour break and play xbox live, then study for anoter 2 hours and exbox again and then for an hour read or just skim read over the things i done in that four huors lol......prettty gay i only start studying for exams like week before if lucky 2 weeeks so hsc here i come

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Kmara2nv said:
farout lots of motivated people in this forum lol...i usually get home study for about 2 hours take an hour break and play xbox live, then study for anoter 2 hours and exbox again and then for an hour read or just skim read over the things i done in that four huors lol......prettty gay i only start studying for exams like week before if lucky 2 weeeks so hsc here i come
are you a genius? if not, be prepared to fail...

but then again, you study four hours a night that should be plenty to get a decent mark if you don't daydream within those 4 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)