Early Results (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Results are not officially released for a week but you can get your GPA now and see how many credit points you have accumulated and thus in a way find out your grades early.

Go to My Student Admin, click on the Results section and choose your course, then click "Send my academic record". You'll have to wait 15-30 minutes and will then get an email containing a pdf document which will tell you you the amount of credit points you have gained in your course so far and a GPA.

I can't confirm this but supposedly if you are short on credit points and want to know what you failed or there's some kind of discrepancy and you believe a subject has not yet been marked or something you can go back into mystudentadmin and into the enrolling section, if a subject you did this semester is green it supposedly means you failed it as it is letting you re-enrol.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I know a few engineering students who have got it and one first year business student.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
can you explain what the email will actually say. im still waiting for it to arrive.

the credit points thing is confusing.

so do we get a number and if it is 24, it means you passed all 4 business subjects?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It will say:
"Total Credit Points Gained ___
GPA: _.__"
If you passed everything, total credit points gained should be equal to the amount of credit points you studied this semester (+ passed in previous semesters). So for most first years that will be 24. You can then use the GPA to figure out the different possible grade combinations and come up with the likely grades you got.

There is a chance this might be patched though.

andyfg88

HSC
N/A
Juris Doctor student here,

Its not working for me (my GPA/credit points) have not been updated. I remember 5 days before last semester's results I was able to get an updated GPA/credit points. I wonder if its a matter of them progressively updating each student and they just haven't gotten to me yet or if its faculty specific?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Juris Doctor student here,

Its not working for me (my GPA/credit points) have not been updated. I remember 5 days before last semester's results I was able to get an updated GPA/credit points. I wonder if its a matter of them progressively updating each student and they just haven't gotten to me yet or if its faculty specific?
Faculty specific i'd say. Should be up Monday. For (undergrad) Enginering and Business students this works, no idea about anything else. I've already heard of one case of someones gpa/credit points changing today from yesterday though. (i.e. no longer failed a subject that was definitely already updated initially)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
GPA: 3.38/4 or 6/7 on the universal scale.
Credit Points: 24
Assuming 1HD, 2D's and 1C.
Guessing that I got a Credit for Accounting for Business Decisions A, the clichéd 'hardest Business subject' at UTS! (though left an entire section in the Accounting exam paper worth 20 marks due to bad time management; fml).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
GPA: 3.38/4 or 6/7 on the universal scale.
No such thing, most unis around the world use a 4 point scale with 0,1,2,3,4.

Accounting A may be my highest mark lol. It was probably my least difficult subject so that's to be expected I guess.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
you seem to be the only one who has successfully got it. no1 on the accounting page seems to have got anything out of the system yet.
I got it mate, if you follow what he says word for word you will get it as well

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
3.88 - up from 3.75 last year.. HD's in stats and ABDB!!!!
Nice! Are you part time btw? I'm probably switching to part time now but won't be enrolled as part time, any suggestions and do you know if all business subject night classes are only for people enrolled as part time?

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Nice! Are you part time btw? I'm probably switching to part time now but won't be enrolled as part time, any suggestions and do you know if all business subject night classes are only for people enrolled as part time?
nah, night time classes are open to everyone. its usually the part-time students all there, plus slow full-time students

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
nah, night time classes are open to everyone. its usually the part-time students all there, plus slow full-time students
Ah. I have a few night classes as I did my timetable late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)