earplugs?? (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
uhh does anyone know if we can wear earplugs in our hsc or trials? or any tips on how to block out noise... I'm seated next to ppl notorious for foot tapping and pen clicking and all that, not sure how to block it out..

thatgaegoth

HSC
If you have been diagnosed with a learning disability like ASD or ADHD in which auditory stimulants greatly hinder your concentration them you can potentially apply to NESA for disability provisions such as headphones. As an autistic person myself I can say that it requires a professional opinion (phycologist, therapist) to vouch for you through forms to say that you DO have this disability and that this provision CAN help you in an exam.

It is far too late to try and seek these provisions during trials but you can try and apply now, get your documents together to apply for these provisions during the actual HSC. From what I've been told they're less lenient in the actual exams and even now so in trials I don't think my provisions have been fulfilled properly, for other disabled students NESA hasn't even yet granted these provisions even though some of these people wrote their requests much earlier than I so personally I'd try to make your request hella early.

In the event that they do let you have headphones I highly doubt you could listen to music through them and based on your situation I would suggest requesting separate supervision for exams.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
the unfortunate reality is that u have to suffer through it or just force yourself to not let it bother you. during trials I'm sure you can sit wherever so just sit somewhat far from the foot and pen tappers. during HSC, u don't have a choice with where u sit so just pray your student number is a convenient one

thatgaegoth

HSC
the unfortunate reality is that u have to suffer through it or just force yourself to not let it bother you. during trials I'm sure you can sit wherever so just sit somewhat far from the foot and pen tappers. during HSC, u don't have a choice with where u sit so just pray your student number is a convenient one
nah you gotta sit in alphabetical order in trials and the actual exams

Last edited:

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
i ask this out of curiosity but how large are your classes? (roughly)
they range from 8 to like 25 students? not too sure. for my class with 8 students, there's literally just 8 people taking the subject, but for my class with 25 students the cohort for that subject is around 60 people

Saxtoni

HSC
You can clarify this in advance so that everything goes well

maaax

HSC
N/A
oh no that's actually the worst... I think if they're just earplugs they may be allowed?

There might be an issue with OH&S in case a fire alarm goes off or something lol but no harm in asking your school if it'd be ok!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)