eas anyone? (1 Viewer)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i was just wondering how many of you guys have applied/are going to apply for eas?
and for what reasons (if you don't mind sharing).

i've never really considered eas up till now. i guess i just naively believed that things would get better. i know that eas is a big deal, and i don't want to be one of those mark-scabbers. there's just some pretty bad shit going down. but there are probably people more disadvantaged than me who deserve it more than i do so i thought i'd ask, just to get some perspective.

Bisu

HSC
i was just wondering how many of you guys have applied/are going to apply for eas?
and for what reasons (if you don't mind sharing).

i've never really considered eas up till now. i guess i just naively believed that things would get better. i know that eas is a big deal, and i don't want to be one of those mark-scabbers. there's just some pretty bad shit going down. but there are probably people more disadvantaged than me who deserve it more than i do so i thought i'd ask, just to get some perspective.

has eas even opened yet

Kralex

HSC
Considering applying..

-Single Mother on the pension
-Youth Allowance
-Crappy work environment
-Home duties

Don't know how much bonus points they'd give..

Some people would consider my situation pretty soft though right? I don't know..I don't want to apply if there are people with worse issues.

HSC
Apply anyway. You say your situation seems soft, but others in the same situation as you will be applying still.
If you're eligible, its definitely worth a try IMO.

shell.q

HSC
I shall be applying, I have bi polar, I don't know if i will get it because i did pathways, but you definatley won't get it if you don't apply, it is scabbing marks these are here to give everyone the same opportunity as others.
Those who apply would only be the ones that are ambitious and know what they want in life and realize it may not come easy but there are always ways around it.
if that makes sense, those who apply 75% arent scabbing marks they are applying because they know they are disadvantged

mamoz

HSC
i applied for eas last year coz im on youth allowance and they gave me extra points but i duno how many...

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
whats eas? getting extra marks because you're poor?
There are tonnes of reasons why people apply.

Things like:
- bad home environment
- death of a family member
- having tonnes of responsibilities whilst doing the HSC
- mental illness
- physical illness
- learning disorders

etc.

HSC
yeah man my friend's sister's little cousin died during my hsc and like, i was so totally distraught i just couldn't concentrate for the whole year, please make it easier for me to get into uni!!1!!!

i'm sure a lot of people apply for legit reasons but damn some people are full of it

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
yeah man my friend's sister's little cousin died during my hsc and like, i was so totally distraught i just couldn't concentrate for the whole year, please make it easier for me to get into uni!!1!!!

i'm sure a lot of people apply for legit reasons but damn some people are full of it
Yeah that's what annoys me. People just want to get a few extra so they can get into the course they want. I've no problem with people applying for EAS for completely legitimate reasons, but the committee is just too damn soft on some.

HSC
what the hell, i just read through that booklet out of sheer boredom, some of it is complete bs

you can get extra points added to your entry for certain unis if you move interstate in year 11, or if you work in the family business ... big fucking deal, on either account, i did both of those things and i managed to finish school just fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)