eas anyone? (1 Viewer)

HSC
what the hell, i just read through that booklet out of sheer boredom, some of it is complete bs

you can get extra points added to your entry for certain unis if you move interstate in year 11, or if you work in the family business ... big fucking deal, on either account, i did both of those things and i managed to finish school just fine
lol, so did i.

Extra points for being on YA, what a joke.

No shit, I could probably have qualified under the YA provision, having to work AND medical provisions. I think I did just fine without.

BUT, for all 10ers, apply anyway, because if everyone else is going to claim it, so should you.

HSC
lol but if youre successful..you have to go to these sessions for disadvantaged people..

that'd be kind of embarassing..if you knew u werent disadvantaged..but everyone was viewing you as one..and at the same time..if u say i only did this to get into the course i wanted..then everyone views you as an arrogant shithead..

the choice is yours LOL

yups

HSC
nope. i come from an abusive household and i've been through a lot but i decided i'm just going to try my very best regardless of what's going on around me .

bec_peace

HSC
Yeh I am. I was in hospital for about 5 weeks of yr 11 and missed prob 8 weeks all up. Plus continual illness through yr 11 and 12.

Does anyone know how many points you typically get for something like this?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Yeh I am. I was in hospital for about 5 weeks of yr 11 and missed prob 8 weeks all up. Plus continual illness through yr 11 and 12.

Does anyone know how many points you typically get for something like this?
It all depends... sometimes the universities allocate places to EAS applicants, others bonus points.

These points don't increase your ATAR but they increase your ranking for the course you're applying to get into.

I suggest you read the information in the link babikakez supplied.

bio_nut

HSC
I applied and was accepted for Usyd's broadway scheme and stuff, but didn't end up needing it.

brendroid

HSC
Just a question - I know this will sound stupid, and I am so very sure I know what it is, but I can't recall what EAS stands for. Could someone help me out? :(

I think it means Economic Alleviation System or something but I don't know.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
does anyone know how confidential the information you give is?
as in, if you applied for reasons regarding abuse, would they be compelled to inform some higher authority?
I'm not sure about EAS and UAC but if you tell a teacher and nobody else is aware (that should know), then have a legal obligation to tell someone.

HSC
Just a question - I know this will sound stupid, and I am so very sure I know what it is, but I can't recall what EAS stands for. Could someone help me out? :(

I think it means Economic Alleviation System or something but I don't know.
obvious troll

bio_nut

HSC
Yeah "Economic" whatever would be stupid, what about kids from wealthy backgrounds who have a relative die or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)