EAS Education Access Scheme - Assistance for course admission (1 Viewer)

changeofheart

HSC
Has anyone been successful in applying for EAS eligibility?

I'm speculative as to the leniency of their judgments?
I've been receiving youth allowance for almost 2 years now, due to family conflict and also financial disadvantage.

funnytomato

HSC
hm, give a go. but don't rely on it cos you never know what they're gonna decide.
also check wether or not your prefered course is exempt from EAS

changeofheart

HSC
It's difficult but I'm trying not to rely on it :(
I just called USYD about EAS for the Physiotherapy course, and they stated I was able to receive upto 5 bonus ATAR points for it
BUT
my success for admission depends on all the other people applying through EAS for that course..
I hope it ends up being beneficial in some way....

Kralex

HSC
wtf you guys its about 7 fucken months until you should even worry about this.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I was automatically eligible for this without knowing. I wasted it on Optometry cos I ended up rejecting it anyway..

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah some schools have this EAS thing because the school is disadvantaged.

I think they are quite lenient on EAS... I mean, almost everyone who receives Youth Allowance gets EAS. and the HSC system is kind of stuffed.... someone getting 98 with EAS gets into Law whereas someone with 99.55 doesn't. hmmmm...

so make sure you apply even if you are not that disadvantaged...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Yeah some people get EAS when they don't need it, and others don't get it when they should. I suppose everything should at least attempt to get into the EAS program, seeing as it can make getting into many courses easier.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah some schools have this EAS thing because the school is disadvantaged.

I think they are quite lenient on EAS... I mean, almost everyone who receives Youth Allowance gets EAS. and the HSC system is kind of stuffed.... someone getting 98 with EAS gets into Law whereas someone with 99.55 doesn't. hmmmm...

so make sure you apply even if you are not that disadvantaged...
i dont see a problem with someone with eas and just under cut off getting into law e.g. 99+ but yes there is def a problem with someone say getting 97 getting into through eas...

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Has anyone been successful in applying for EAS eligibility?

I'm speculative as to the leniency of their judgments?
I've been receiving youth allowance for almost 2 years now, due to family conflict and also financial disadvantage.
I received EAS just because my dad had a heart attack during my HSC. He survived. Some uni's accepted my EAS application and gave me special consideration. Others like usyd did not give it to me.

EAS applications mean some uni's automatically add bonus points to your ATAR. Other unis further assess whether you are eligible for their EAS point schemes such as Sydney's Broadway Scheme. The Broadway Scheme for example gives you up to 5 bonus points and they have only 500 places in the scheme. Interestingly you can still receive flexible entry points automatically without EAS applications if you receive BAND 5/6's in relevant courses for some uni degrees.

Some uni's will further assess you and may reject you based on their requirements.

With EAS you will have to prove your finanical issues. They believe one of the worst things to happen to a student is divorce or death of a parent and terminal illness.

Good luck. Fill it out, doesn't hurt and you will probably get in for some unis.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i dont see a problem with someone with eas and just under cut off getting into law e.g. 99+ but yes there is def a problem with someone say getting 97 getting into through eas...
yeah not when it's 99 plus, but it's unfair when someone gets into Law with 95-98 (which I have heard of) with EAS (because of Youth Allowance, which isn't really a disadvantage)

there were people putting Youth Allowance down for EAS - saying that they are disadvantaged because they don't have enough money for tutoring and textbooks.

EAS is quite lenient

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't get youth allowance because they would take away some of my mum's incentives which work out better, but like I could get youth allowance if it gave me a better chance at getting into uni
What's all this about?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I'll admit, it's been a while since i've read the EAS booklet although it's usually only available to some candidates that are on YA not all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)