EAS financial difficulty HELP (1 Viewer)

studyhappy

HSC
what constitutes 'financial difficulty'?

hypothetically, would a complete loss of income* of one parent constitute as 'financial difficulty' and thus could receive EAS?
does anyone have experience in a similar scenario and go on to receive EAS?

Renegader

HSC
If it truly affects/hinders your education, then yes, you should receive it. Most people apply because of a chronic illness or language barriers, but financial difficulties aren't far from it as far as I know. (I hope I'm talking about the right thing, is this the bonus points scheme?)

Dr Awkward

HSC
N/A
Doubt it. Quite a number students have variations of these problems i.e. 1 parent, housewife mum, unemployed dad, lives with uncle etc. etc.

Then again, this is just a hunch

kat12345

HSC
N/A
I think one parent loosing income would be considered if:

-Other parent is also unemployed
-Other parent is low income earner/on pension (such as disability support pension)
-Parents are separated/estranged and you receive little/no financial support

If the loss of one parents income resulted in, for example, the loss of your house and forced you to move, it may also be considered, especially if you had to move far away from school.

At the same time, if one parent looses their job and the other makes 70k, then you've probably got less chance. But if one parent looses their job because they've got cancer or something that might be different. Loss of income is a hard one to judge because it really depends on your financial circumstances. If your parents earned 200k+ then its not so bad, but if they only made 40k a year then it might impact you.

The worst that can happen is they say no, so no harm in applying. But don't just apply because your mum resigned to relax for 6 months. Apply because the loss of income has truly affected your ability to learn.

studyhappy

HSC
If the loss of one parents income resulted in, for example, the loss of your house and forced you to move, it may also be considered, especially if you had to move far away from school.
what if one parent is unemployed (fired) and this has led to loss of house, but he/she is not on the dole or any Centrelink-means payment. Also the other parent is on ~40k pay

planino

HSC
EAS means that if you are within a certain amount of atar points for a degree (10 for uts), then you will be eligible for main rounds.
Well its not just that, it's a scheme designed to help those in less than ideal, underprivileged situations get better access to uni so a more even playing field is created.

Currybear

HSC
can you get help for financial issues if you go to a private school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)