EAS Scheme (1 Viewer)

MilkyCat_

HSC
... What am I taking personally? lol what is going on here. It's a public forum, I can respond to whatever post I want. Who cares if people try to exploit the EAS scheme. You need documentation from a doctor or other reliable source depending on what category. No doctor is going to put their job on the line for some kid who wants a bonus point or two.
Not that hard to get diagnosed with things these days

Flop21

HSC
Not that hard to get diagnosed with things these days
Yep. It's common knowledge that plenty of kids are told to go to the doctors and claim they have ADHD and get doctor to fill out form. Easy. But I question doctors that are marking "moderate" or more on the sheet for that sort of thing.

Anyone know how many points you get?? Surely someone knows a rough example. E.g. what would a "considerable" impact from a illness be worth? Or divorcing parents?

My teacher told me divorcing parents is a BIG one.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
wot is EAS
Educational Access Schemes (EAS)
Most of UAC’s participating institutions have Educational Access Schemes (EAS) to help students who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage gain admission to tertiary study.

To be eligible for EAS consideration your educational performance must have been seriously affected, normally for a period of at least six months during Year 11 and/or 12 or equivalent, due to circumstances beyond your control and choosing.

http://www.uac.edu.au/eas/

eleirbag

HSC
Can you apply for multiple EAS schemes at different universities, or can you only make one EAS application? (e.g. applying for E12 at USYD and also inpUTS at UTS)

Flop21

HSC
Can you apply for multiple EAS schemes at different universities, or can you only make one EAS application? (e.g. applying for E12 at USYD and also inpUTS at UTS)
EAS is through the UAC. So bonus points will automatically be given (you don't have to apply) if you are eligable.

Of course you have to apply for schemes that ask you to apply directly to the university.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I just wanna ask what if you had the disadvantage since like 2009 and it's a permanent one, so it goes basically through your life, does that still count?

Flop21

HSC
I just wanna ask what if you had the disadvantage since like 2009 and it's a permanent one, so it goes basically through your life, does that still count?
If it's been affecting your year 11 / year 12 studies, then yeah.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
My disadvantage was only for 1 year, and that was shorter than you . So I guess so .

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If it impacts on your educational performance, then I'd say yes.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
EAS doesn't mean dw if I get a 80 atar I'll get 90.

The bonus points provided are unknown from my knowledge and don't appear in your atar ^^.

But ye I've had financial disadvantage since year 7 as well as household study environment so why not apply ?¿ :)

Flop21

HSC
EAS doesn't mean dw if I get a 80 atar I'll get 90.

The bonus points provided are unknown from my knowledge and don't appear in your atar ^^.

But ye I've had financial disadvantage since year 7 as well as household study environment so why not apply ?¿ :)
Well it kind of does. If you get 10 EAS bonus points and an 80 ATAR, you will be considered as a person with a 90 ATAR when applying to uni.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Well it kind of does. If you get 10 EAS bonus points and an 80 ATAR, you will be considered as a person with a 90 ATAR when applying to uni.
So will the ATAR result displayed on BOSTES/UAC include the bonus points or is the result without the bonus points displayed?

aanthnnyyy

HSC
Is there a guaranteed points provides by EAS or is it unknown?

Flop21

HSC
So will the ATAR result displayed on BOSTES/UAC include the bonus points or is the result without the bonus points displayed?
Nah, when you log in your ATAR is you ATAR. It does not include bonus points.

But when you applied for uni your name and ATAR go into a list in order from highest ATAR to lowest. The bonus points will boost this rank, making you e.g. an equivalent 90 ATAR instead of an 80 like you received. This is how they figure out ATAR cut-offs as well. They'll decide how many students they want to let in, and chop the rest off at a certain spot in the list / ATAR.

Is there a guaranteed points provides by EAS or is it unknown?
Depends on the category. Honestly, I have no idea though. Seems like no one else does either - because you never really know for sure how many points you will or do get. I suppose people who have received EAS points before might be able to tell you what they got.

You'll only know how many points you get if say the uni tells you (you ring up and ask), and they go 'oh yeah UAC has given you 3 points' etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)