Easiest subject to do well at? (1 Viewer)

Dimplez

HSC
maths was best for me. Science I think bad. Very bad lol.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm assuming Year 10 maths? Ifs o, yes year 10 math. you dont even need to study. heres a formula plug in some values.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
History is the hardest to study for because it's so long, but the exams are always a breeze for me. Other than that, I like English exams, they're fun!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
History. You just memorise stuff and write it. No skills involved unless you are analysing sources

English: relies a lot on your analytical skills. Not good :mad:
Maths: relies a bit on ability as well, not just on following formulas. Some people go tutoring two times a week and still can't get as high as those who go dont go tutoring. :uhoh:
Science: heaps of skills involved. average is always at 60% :mad:
Geography: mapping involved, etc, etc.....very annoying. sometimes they test things you haven't learnt before! stupid school :mad:
Pe: just bullshit. You can make crap up on the spot and still get great marks :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SChool Certificate aim: all band 6's (worried if I will get that for English)

HSC subjects (considering): Advanced English, 3 unit Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Business Studies, Ancient History.

uai aim:

if I stay at sefton, then it'll be: 95+
if change to fort street, then it'll be: 98+
if change to sydney girls, then it'll be: 99+

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
History. You just memorise stuff and write it. No skills involved unless you are analysing sources

English: relies a lot on your analytical skills. Not good :mad:
Maths: relies a bit on ability as well, not just on following formulas. Some people go tutoring two times a week and still can't get as high as those who go dont go tutoring. :uhoh:
Science: heaps of skills involved. average is always at 60% :mad:
Geography: mapping involved, etc, etc.....very annoying. sometimes they test things you haven't learnt before! stupid school :mad:
Pe: just bullshit. You can make crap up on the spot and still get great marks :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SChool Certificate aim: all band 6's (worried if I will get that for English)

HSC subjects (considering): Advanced English, 3 unit Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Business Studies, Ancient History.

uai aim:

if I stay at sefton, then it'll be: 95+
if change to fort street, then it'll be: 98+
if change to sydney girls, then it'll be: 99+

bobos2

HSC
PE is load of bull. Completely boring n useless..if u have common sense, ull probz get good o.o

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
History is the most enjoyable.
At that point in time, I can see that you loved history.

At that point in time, I loved science too.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
At that point in time, I can see that you loved history.

At that point in time, I loved science too.
Me too :D

Science was my highest mark for the SC

Maths was my second highest for the SC

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Some people (I think many people) would disagree with me. But my easies subject to do well at is Mathematics.

May be it is due to my effort in this particular subject.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
In Years 9 and 10, I enjoyed history so much, that in my spare time such as in breaks, I use to read my whole textbook. With no surprise, I got A's every year with history.

Surprisingly, my history SC mark wasn't high enough to my expectations. Geography being my worst subject was one of my best subjects almost squeezing into a band 6 (mark: 89 :(). Even though I had marks higher than geography in the school cert, geography was definitely my highlight :).

Tip for Year 10: Don't burn yourself out with the School Certificate. Take it easy and develop on your study habits. But if you have asian or curry parents, then bad luck :)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
In Years 9 and 10, I enjoyed history so much, that in my spare time such as in breaks, I use to read my whole textbook. With no surprise, I got A's every year with history.

Surprisingly, my history SC mark wasn't high enough to my expectations. Geography being my worst subject (failing the half yearly) was one of my best subjects almost squeezing into a band 6 (mark: 89 :D). Even though I had marks higher than geo, geography was definitely my highlight :).
School Certificate did not actually reflect my own aptitudes in English. However, it definitely exaggerated my academic ability in regards to History.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Art, if u have a bit of talent...

I'd also say business studies, if u just learn all the dot points.

Jess007

HSC
business studies.. lol i guess im a total dumb arse ( which i know i am) i dropped it...i got 45% in the yr 11 yearlys..fucked me over completely!!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
physics/chem/maths on the other hand, i find so much easier because its right or wrong and you dont have to blabber on about shit..
I think english is kinda the same... there are right and wrong answers, a right answer is any which follows the syllabus pattern for how a proper response is to be written, often a matter of form more than thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)