Eco in UNSW (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
Soooo.... I'm trying to get into UNSW's Bachelor of Economics which has an ATAR of 91.6 according to the 2010 course guidebook..... and I'm 0.7 below the cutoff.....

What's the chance of me being accepted into it? I mean the demand for Eco in USW has been relatively stable and low=ish for the past couple of years....

and people say that the second round and final round offer gives you greater chance to get into your course due to various factors....

nilynily

HSC
but the thing is that I already added my 2 bonus ATAR to my original 88.9 ATAR.... should have made it a bit more clear... so any chance?

red-butterfly

HSC
There's always a chance that the ATAR could fluctuate by 0.7 so I'm sure you'll get in just hang tight!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Ahhh, if you don't get in on the first round, you have a decent shot getting in on the second round.

Just accept what ever you get in the first round, and if you get an offer in the second withdraw your first round course, and accept the second round.

Good luck :)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i think you'll get in regardless

I've heard of people getting into commerce despite being under the cut off with bonus points

nilynily

HSC
you guys are so optimistic...

but there's one more thing I want to ask....

According to the UNSW HSC PLUS, I will also get one extra bonus point for scoring E2 in Maths Ext 1... I did 11 units and they only counted my best 10 units excluding my MX1 results...

So are they going to take my excluded MX1 results and add into my ATAR for Economics no matter what?

Does the university take your raw mark into consideration or your average mark?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
it doesnt matter if the subject is not counted in ur calculation. as long as u get that in ur hsc results it will be counted. HSC and atar are dealt with separately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)