Economics Essay Introduction (1 Viewer)

nametaken

HSC
N/A
How long is too long for an introduction in an economics essay? Right now I'm sitting at about 200 words and I think that's a bit too long, but I'm not too sure.
Also, another question. I have an essay on the superannuation industry and its role and contribution to the economy and the need for regulation by the aus gov't. Is a diagram REALLY necessary? I'm not to sure what diagram to include. Any tips/ideas would be helpful.
Thank you!

nametaken

HSC
N/A
Since we were given the question prior to the task, I'm guessing around 1000 words.

Any suggestions as to what diagram I should include?

mangoz

HSC
200 words imo is very very long. It isn't an english essay. I usually go with a quick background on the question, definition if needed and the topics im talking about before heading straight into my body. My teacher says introductions aren't as important unlike compared to english intros / thesises.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes its a bit long in my opinion.

Intros should be about 100-150 words max. Just get on with the question, markers don't want to read alot of irrelevant things in the intro.

Eg. (Effect of monetary policy in the economy)

-Define monetary policy and etc.

:) hope this helped lol..

mystery_meat

HSC
Too long. As someone else said, economics isn't english. You want it to be as short and concise as possible.

You should
1. Brief link to question
2. Define key terms

Then move straight on.

At least, that's what my economics teacher constantly told us. Although she said "Just define the key terms! Nothing else! It's a waste of time!"... She hated it when we even linked the intro with the rest of the essay/question. Told us to limit it to the necessary definitions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)