• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Economics Essay Predictions?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Was wondering if anyone had predictions that they genuinely think will be in this year's HSC, particularly for topic 3 (do we think that they'll specify just 1 issue - not objective - like they did with inflation a few years back?)

HSC
there hasnt been an external stability essay in time
what kind of external stability essay? would it be something like changes in financial flows and trade on external stability?
how does it differ to the one last year about the changes in the composition and direction of AUS trade? is that only talking about changes in the BOGS and its impacts on the CA. i feel like it would be too similar

K2Trappy

HSC
what kind of external stability essay? would it be something like changes in financial flows and trade on external stability?
how does it differ to the one last year about the changes in the composition and direction of AUS trade? is that only talking about changes in the BOGS and its impacts on the CA. i feel like it would be too similar
our trial question was on impact of exchange rate movements on external stability position, last time it was tested was like in 2012/11 sum like that
or external stability more focused on topic 3 specifically, last yr external stability would be one singular impact resulting from composition and direction trade changes who knows what they could ask, exchange rate questions have also not been asked for a while

they've overdone topic 1 questions so hopefully they stay clear, they could just put in a broad economic issues, something like analyse the causes of inflation in the aus economy or something along those lines

Yoooo

HSC
I think that the possible essays are:
Topic 2 (Financial flows, BOP)
Case study essay
Topic 4 (FP/MP/Micro)
International Government Organisations (IGO)

These are not in any particular order, but I'm most confident that IGO will come as it was last asked in 2015, and there's almost always a topic 4 essay. The other two (topic 2 and case study) are just guesses as they are quite common in the HSC's.

K2Trappy

HSC
Case study essay
Topic 4 (FP/MP/Micro)

These are not in any particular order, but I'm most confident that IGO will come as it was last asked in 2015, and there's almost always a topic 4 essay. The other two (topic 2 and case study) are just guesses as they are quite common in the HSC's.
there was a macro last yr so I don't think they gonna give FP/MP again

Yoooo

HSC
Case study essay
Topic 4 (FP/MP/Micro)

And I know the case study essay was just asked, but not many people did well in that. This might prompt them to ask it again.

HSC
Case study essay
Topic 4 (FP/MP/Micro)

Do you not think they'll be a topic 3 essay focused on just an issue like they did w inflation in 22? Mainly bc I literally don't have any topic 3 essay skeletons yet 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)