Economics game (2 Viewers)

HSC
To put it flat - Macroeconomic policies deal with aggregate demand, Fiscal policy involves the government spending and taxing (that is increasing AD and 'reducing' AD). Monetary policy is a macro-economic policy aswell and so it also deals with demand, by lowering interest rates people lend more money - thus investment and consumption increases and in the same way an increase in interest rates will less people borrowing and spending and just focus on paying their loans and financial obligations. (this is generalising to contrast these policies)

Now we look at Microeconomic policies - namely Structural reform, these policies are used to increase efficiency and hence they work by enhancing aggregate supply. In the short term this can see a small increase in unemployment, we usually see short term costs with long term benefits.

making sense or do you need more detail?
Thank-you very much. I did know that it just likes getting mixed up. The main things, more than that however, is structural reform. I know SOME structural reform, e.g. labour reform (thats about it i will look it more tonight and tomoz) but the thing is i don't get how it comes about. It comes from Microeconomic policies but how are they enacted? Does the gov't plan and spend money? If so wouldn't that be Fiscal policy.

SORRY, i dont even know what my question is now... but i guess it's something about how they are enacted or used, because wouldnt that be counted in Fiscal policy and if so is fiscal both Micro and Macro policy. I will try and find this out but i find this forum extremely useful even when noone responds haha. TYVM for your last response though

HSC
hey guys, quick question, whats the current gini coefficient? and the inflation rate?

ONoezzz

HSC
hey guys, quick question, whats the current gini coefficient? and the inflation rate?
According to ABS, the latest Gini co-efficient is 0.331.
Current inflation rate according to RBA is 1.3%

If you want another question before you go to bed :p
Describe policy responses and their effects in dealing with the economic issue of environmental management.
Otherwise, super good luck to all :D

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Inflation rate: Year to September 2009- 1.3%
Gini coefficient: 0.352 (according to the UN) I doubt they will worry if you don't have the exact figure though...

edit: nevermind

Last edited:
HSC
Good question, we had a Gini co-effecient one before but noone found what the current one was. I think if they wanted us to talk on it they would give it to us in stimulus as they can't expect us to remember this, but that is only if they wanted us to directly talk about it, you can fit in in essays as well.

Leading Edge Education Statistics
someone put that link up earlier it seems up to date to me as the official cash rate is at 3.5% increased by 0.25% on Tuesday so yeah. check it out. glad i came on to help (if i was) i hate it when noone answers haha

HSC
According to ABS, the latest Gini co-efficient is 0.331.
Current inflation rate according to RBA is 1.3%

If you want another question before you go to bed :p
Describe policy responses and their effects in dealing with the economic issue of environmental management.
Otherwise, super good luck to all :D
If anyone has an answer i'd like to hear it haha. If anyone (even this late) has an essay on the environment can i see it please!!

similarly, good luck to all. I hope the BoS play nice.
and... good luck to my arms which is so sore up and down esp elbow since i have 2 exams tomoz haha... yay its all over. GL GL GL to alllllll

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys, i havent studied case study, hope its not in there or the other question is easy! lol

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys, i havent studied case study, hope its not in there or the other question is easy! lol
SAMES. gonna be terrible if they had a question for that AND environment in the same one... that would stump alot of people but i think i would do the envrio since u can babble on tht without knowing very very specific things lol. I'm good at tricking the marker into thinking i know stuff haha GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)