Economics or Legal Studies? (1 Viewer)

jmel93

HSC
Legal...
In year 12 Economics becomes boring as fuck, the whole subject is just about how taxes and minimum wages and government are bad, such that it becomes really repetitive. Furthermore it's a tough subject, they recommend you write your essays in 35 minutes, and can ask you anything. Legal studies has far more generic essay questions, and also rewards you if you have knowledge outside of the textbook, for example you'll do well if you cite media articles and reports. The subject also encourages you to weigh up both sides of an argument. If you're not much of an exam person you should do well in legal because you don't really get any exams up until the pre-trials, and when you do get exams you can usually give yourself about 50 minutes to write your essay. The content for legal studies seems much more interesting than economics. I'm not just saying this because I do well in legal, because I do alright in both subjects. That's my take on the subjects and you're entitled to your own opinion, I just think year 11 eco is quite different from year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)