Economics scaling? (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
michael1990 said:
Then it would be Legal Studies.

But we are talking about Economics against all areas of study.
legal.. are you sure??
I thought legal scaled really badly..

the part i don't get is in bold.

michael1990

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
legal.. are you sure??
I thought legal scaled really badly..

the part i don't get is in bold.
I didn't think CAFS was scaled well at all.

Oh i was meant to say all areas around the school. Social Science Vs Maths and such.

I thought Legal would be scaled a lot higher. Not sure though, it was a calculated guess.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
michael1990 said:
I didn't think CAFS was scaled well at all.

Oh i was meant to say all areas around the school. Social Science Vs Maths and such.

I thought Legal would be scaled a lot higher. Not sure though, it was a calculated guess.
yeah i was joking about CAFS lol, it scales like rat shit...
hahaha. yeah, im not sure about legal, ive heard it scales badly..

michael1990

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
yeah i was joking about CAFS lol, it scales like rat shit...
hahaha. yeah, im not sure about legal, ive heard it scales badly..
LOL

maybe we should look it up.

But i couldn't be bothered!

can you?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL

maybe we should look it up.

But i couldn't be bothered!

can you?
too busy with half yearlies lol.
but really, i couldnt be bothered..

michael1990

HSC
onlinenooby said:
Does Business studies beat Legal studies scaling wise..
I think thats a hard question.

My opinion would be they are scaled just the same or if anything Legal may scale higher.

Akaru-Hime

Rawr~
HSC
So ... long story cut short, does it mean that economics scales better than physics, but chemistry is scaled better than physics?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Akaru-Hime said:
So ... long story cut short, does it mean that economics scales better than physics, but chemistry is scaled better than physics?
Chemistry has got slightly higher scaling than Economics last year. However, Economics had higher scaling 2 years ago (in terms of average scaling).

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
lyounamu said:
Chemistry has got slightly higher scaling than Economics. However, Economics had higher scaling last year (in terms of average scaling).
Yep so it is fair to say.

Economics.
Chemistry

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Yep so it is fair to say.

Economics.
Chemistry
I am sorry. I meant that Chemistry had higher scaling last year whereas Economics had higher scaling in 2006.

So, Chemistry's scaling > Economics' scaling (according to 2007 scaling report).

EDIT: I will fix what I said above.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
wow so I guess those who are doing Eco, Physics and Chem and do well, will ace the HSC?

What about languages? I'm concerned about my Japanese. I don't know if I should do ext. jap or ext. 2 maths.. or both!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
wow so I guess those who are doing Eco, Physics and Chem and do well, will ace the HSC?
What would be the definition of 'do well'? If you meant Band 6, you are quite right. However, low Band 6 (90-92) will not warrant high scaled results. Some languages do have extremely high scaling. However, many do not. If you are talking about Japanese Extension, it has got pretty good scaling. Its scaling is much better than Chemistry scaling. You should already know by now that Mathematics Extension 2 is the highest scaling subject. It has got average scaled mark of 43.7/50. That is bloody impressive & astronomical. However, you should not take the scaling as the top priority when it comes to subject choice decision.

I suggest you go with the subject where you will get the best marks out of.

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

just wait and see. :rolleyes:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
What would be the definition of 'do well'? If you meant Band 6, you are quite right. However, low Band 6 (90-92) will not warrant high scaled results.
wow are you serious? I thought if you got Band 6 you'd get scaled pretty well. Clearly, I was wrong. So You need say a 94 on Eco to get scaled really well? That's tough...

SuperStar-3000

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
What about languages? I'm concerned about my Japanese. I don't know if I should do ext. jap or ext. 2 maths.. or both!
a 4 unit subject would scale better i think?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Some languages do have extremely high scaling. However, many do not. If you are talking about Japanese Extension, it has got pretty good scaling. Its scaling is much better than Chemistry scaling. You should already know by now that Mathematics Extension 2 is the highest scaling subject. It has got average scaled mark of 43.7/50. That is bloody impressive & astronomical. However, you should not take the scaling as the top priority when it comes to subject choice decision.

I suggest you go with the subject where you will get the best marks out of.
Thank you. Both my sisters did 4U Maths, and they really liked it, but I'm not too sure how I will go in it. I'm kinda different from them when it comes to school work. Prehaps I shall just see how I am going with 3U Maths this year and make my decision when the time comes. But I honestly really love learning Japanese despite how much vocab and info there is to remember...
However, I have also heard that the HSC is all about the 'ranking' and not the marks you get. I'm quite concerned about this!

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Akaru-Hime said:
scaling is not linear, while the low end of one subject may scaler better than another, the top end may do the opposite.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
i think the question is which subject do you like better/ get better marks in - jap or maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)