Educational Access Scheme (1 Viewer)

MiKeY

HSC
Did anyone else get their letters saying whether their 'application was successful' or not?

I got a letter from UTS, USYD and UNSW - my application was successful for all of them. Yay for me - I guess. :rolleyes: lol

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i got it for uts and usyd -
only 2 unis im applying for.. :)

RJ

HSC
I got letters from Sydney and UNSW - the two on my list of preferences - phew!! Do we ever find out exactly how much compensation we were entitled to?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am wondeirng.. how can u get rejected by one uni? .. i thought being accepted means it applies to all the unis u have applied for...

on another note.. i looked at winston's thread... and the 1 pt lead way is scary... cuz a lot of pplz think its 5 pts.. when its not... usyd is the main uni that does that 5 point broardway scheme... the other unis dont... they just take candidates with the highest uai... which is similar to usyd's scheme even thereticalli it gives students a 5 pt advantage..

Winston

HSC
for the EAS if you get rejected by a certain uni it means you did not get placed into the EAS Applicatns scheme whereby your in the lot who's competing with each other for these offered places, like the other thread stated probably usyd only offers like 5 places for economics under EAS and you wanted to do it and i wanted to do it and we were both competing and you got 95 and i got 93 and the cut off was 97 then of course you'll be taking the spot, so in terms competing it's hard very hard i reackon... they say it's within 5 uai cut-off they should very well say within 0.5 of the uai cut off lol becoz thats your best bet of being the most competitive

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Ohh ok....correct me if i'm wrong :) so a person who got accepted into EAS doesn't AUTOMATICALLY get the advantage of "extra 5 uai pts." ????? So it may be 1 or 2 pts.....????

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yep, thats right, i think the exact wording is "Up to 5 UAI points". If there is a lot of competition for the EAS places it may be even less than 1 UAI point.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah I received a confirmation letter from UTS stating that I was eligible for 7 points consideration, so yeah, it depends on the situation.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
yeh..depends on how many EAS students apply for that particular course..if i remember correctly..i rmemeber 2001 EAS cut off for optom was like..virtually nothing..like..half a point less than the actual HECS one..(it was in my school career advisor thingy newsletter)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
Yeah I received a confirmation letter from UTS stating that I was eligible for 7 points consideration, so yeah, it depends on the situation.
i recieved letter from them too. it says i can apply up to 10 points for humanities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)