• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Edutest Tips - Entry into Yr 11 2025 -Sydney Girls (1 Viewer)

hi_998

HSC
hi, looking for materials/links/tips on how to study for edutest.
currently studying at penrith and am trying to get into sydney girls.

yuqiismyidol

HSC
omg im trying as well! i currently go fort street, I sat the exam last year for north sydney girls , the test is very strict on time - verbal reasoning is lots of vocabulary, I got 2 superiors and 3 above superiors and they put me on the reserve list so it wasn't that bad but lots of people will apply for entry into year 11 so maybe it'll be harder, also depends how your portfolio and extracurriculars look and I suggest getting recommendation letters from teachers for like the key subjects (maths, English, science and humanities if u plan to take any for senior)

hi_998

HSC
omg im trying as well! i currently go fort street, I sat the exam last year for north sydney girls , the test is very strict on time - verbal reasoning is lots of vocabulary, I got 2 superiors and 3 above superiors and they put me on the reserve list so it wasn't that bad but lots of people will apply for entry into year 11 so maybe it'll be harder, also depends how your portfolio and extracurriculars look and I suggest getting recommendation letters from teachers for like the key subjects (maths, English, science and humanities if u plan to take any for senior)
ohh ok thanks! also where r u getting edutest study materials from if u have any?

hi_998

HSC
hey isnt fort street just 3 ranks lower than sg? r u still trying for serious moving for js for the funs?

hi_998

HSC
bro ive seen some people move sg from nsg
nah nah what im tryna say is that fort street is 3 ranks below sg so its basically so close to each other, and like already fort street is such a high school and like trying for sg wouldnt make a difference for her considering shes already going to a very high school. even though i go to a selective school its not the high ones.

MoonMonster196884

HSC
nah nah what im tryna say is that fort street is 3 ranks below sg so its basically so close to each other, and like already fort street is such a high school and like trying for sg wouldnt make a difference for her considering shes already going to a very high school. even though i go to a selective school its not the high ones.
sg is lower than nsg thats the point

yuqiismyidol

HSC
ohh ok thanks! also where r u getting edutest study materials from if u have any?
pretty sure u can pay for them on the website today, but my reading comprehension isn't that good so I'll buy stuff on it and read the dictionary for verbal reasoning (me and all my friends are gonna)

yuqiismyidol

HSC
im not talking about nsg, im js saying that fort street is already high so trying for sg isnt really worth it 😭
no fort street is getting worse tho like our teachers don't teach, you can do ext 2 maths if u wanna like at sg and nsg u hv to be top 72 for ext 2 but there's no rules like that at fort street and there's too much out right support for lqbgtq+ (like its not too bad just slight excessive)

hi_998

HSC
no fort street is getting worse tho like our teachers don't teach, you can do ext 2 maths if u wanna like at sg and nsg u hv to be top 72 for ext 2 but there's no rules like that at fort street and there's too much out right support for lqbgtq+ (like its not too bad just slight excessive)
omg same here in penrith bro we dont have enough teachers so we have to try for ext 1 maths, chem and physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)