EE2 2007 bitch and procrastination thread (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Tulipa said:
How so?

If it's finished start editing now. If not, churn out crap that you can edit.
Haha, finished.

Good one!

Im supposed to hand in my pretty much final copy by the end of the week.

It aint happening lol

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Oh god, reports due tomorrow and I've only got 4300 words done.

I totally fail at getting stuff done =/

kloudsurfer

HSC
Im supposed to hand in my pretty much final copy tomorrow.

I probably should be working on it instead of being on BoS...

Oh well...

I knew I should have dropped this ages ago. My parents convinced me otherwise. Note to self, never listen to parents...

emdrinan

HSC
this thread i think may have just ended my unusually long term procrastination- ive had my concept since... well like feburary i suppose

yes i still havnt actually written anything...

sure i have my process diary and what not but when it comes to the actual story i will be handing in...

i have less than 1 month to write the 6000-8000 words neccesary

im going to go write some now

I REALLY AM THIS TIME TO =0

HSC
i am definately getting an e2! or maybe even an e1! does anyone feel like theyre in the same boat as me?

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
I've almost finished my intro. Woot. It's a fucking piece of art, it took so long, but I am proud of it.

Unfortunately, my attitude to writing involves trying to write it absolutely perfectly the first time, so nothing needs to be edited. Not a good approach, however it is good-ish for last minuting.

Still, 3700 words to traverse.

HSC
kloudsurfer, i am thinking the exact same thing. except we've already spent time on this subject for too long now (well i have at least), and i feel as though i might as well hand in whatever i have. It's awful - wud anyone mind reading a little of my intro (its a critical) and giving me some advice?

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Oh god, I am so failing at life right now.

Is it looked upon unfavourably (if thats a word) if you only have like a 6500 word story? I'm envisioning doing that. Shortcutty.

bussoti

HSC
I have snippets of things I like and hate and all together they make about 4 000 words. I'm about to murder myself as I've not yet got a draft and I keep getting distracted easily by films. I actually watched Blood and Chocolate, a blockbuster-esque flop to get away from writing my story (it starred Olivier Martinez and Hugh Dancy, so I couldn't help myself). Luckily, my piece is really an internal monologue, and is related to werewolf theorists, so I'm hoping that eloquent rambling in the guise of my protagonist's train of thought will somehow save me. Hahah, let us pray that this isn't wishful thinking and I'll get something done!?

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Dammit I tried to drop it today and my teachers all guilt tripped me!

This is why I didnt drop it the past 150 times ive wanted to drop it! People keep convincing me otherwise...

This time im not going to listen to anyone!

collide

HSC
I dropped it beginning of this term.. :(
My principal had to write a letter to BOS since it was a bit late lol.

I'm glad I dropped it though.. there is no way I would have been able to get it done with assessments + trials.

Good luck to you all :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Dammit I tried to drop it today and my teachers all guilt tripped me!

This is why I didnt drop it the past 150 times ive wanted to drop it! People keep convincing me otherwise...

This time im not going to listen to anyone!
(self quote!)

Freaking hell!

I cant believe i got talked out of dropping this...again.

Sigh...

idling fire

HSC
I'd have thought my teacher would be encouraging me to drop it, at the state my short story is at. My report is due on Monday, and I've only just got over 2000 words with my draft. Stupid assessment due in the middle of trials... Blargh.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
You guys!

Get to work! Stop thinking of ways to drop it and just churn it out. No matter how crap it is, you can still edit!

I was forced to drop it when I really wanted to continue so count yourselves lucky that you've got such supportive teachers.

FridayEvening

HSC
Close to 7,000 words, but it's still a bit scrappy. I've definitively written the end, and I'm very happy with about 75% of what I have in front of me. There are just a few loose ends that need to be tied up, and a little bit more to be written.

My trials start tomorrow. Goddamnit. I can do this!

intim8.effect

HSC
bussoti said:
I'm about to murder myself as I've not yet got a draft and I keep getting distracted easily by films.
lol @ that!

I also get easily distracted. With my workload I spend all my time before and after school in the library with extra classes or work! :(

and when I go home, I lose myself in films instead of trying to work hard lol

I spend all my time wrapped up in tv or dvds lol I think I've seen ever film known to man by now :(

whyjonathan

HSC
well, i am well and truly screwed.

/bitches and procrastinates

HSC
no more procrastination for me =)
i handed it on thursday! im DONE. just gotta finish my journal and give it on monday!

YAY ITS OVER. ONE LESS UNIT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)