Elder Scrolls - Oblivion (1 Viewer)

Kabeio

k.
HSC
transcendent said:
not really, since i can't be bothered with picking locks i use the auto attempt button and high security is a must. there is just so much to do. i've restarted characters four times already just to make the perfect one. hell i've bought a prima guide for the first time and found it immeasurable invaluable. i played it all of last night with no sleep, but then i did sleep til 2pm yesterday. been playing it with every available spare moment.

I'm guessing none of you have any idea about the SKELETON KEY which is an
unbreakable lockpick....but i wont say anymore

dilroy

HSC
The Elder Scrolls series have been around for so long and with a very popular fanbase, do you guys think Bethesda should follow Blizzard's path and take the series online? I wouldn't mind digging in $15 a month to play an online Elder Scrolls game. But I'm sure many would disagree.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Kabeio said:
I'm guessing none of you have any idea about the SKELETON KEY which is an
unbreakable lockpick....but i wont say anymore
No, but after doing a quick search of the gamefaqs forum I know how to get it now and totally want it!

So what do you guys think of this buy-able downloadable content?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i bought a prima guide to Oblivion. the skeleton key is great, even better with 100 security skill though :p
i'm on a mission to complete every quest available, and raid every dungeon without wasting time going back to them. seriously on level 1 dungeon raids are easy compared to level 50. i love the arcane university's spell creation thing :)

Kabeio

k.
HSC
transcendent said:
i bought a prima guide to Oblivion. the skeleton key is great, even better with 100 security skill though :p
i'm on a mission to complete every quest available, and raid every dungeon without wasting time going back to them. seriously on level 1 dungeon raids are easy compared to level 50. i love the arcane university's spell creation thing :)
I am the l33tzor.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
transcendent said:
yeah the levelling system makes it pretty tough

Kabeio

k.
HSC
stazi said:
wooo my character is nearly L.15 :)

haha now it gets even harder, i should be level 15 by now but havent decided to level up yet cause i heard it get heaps harder

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol :p I still haven't done anything in the main quest apart from escape the sewers

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i've been to weynon priory near chorrol and talked to jauffre. i've been doing the fighters/mages/theives guild and dark brotherhood missions as well as the other side ones. i want to experiment with 'Fun With Goblins' where you steal a goblin tribe's staff and take it to another tribe's one and have them make war one each other to get the staff back. that's going to be lots of fun but i want to wait till i finish all the quests so i don't accidently kill off important people. i really want them to attack the stupid imperal guards.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
transcendent said:
i've been to weynon priory near chorrol and talked to jauffre. i've been doing the fighters/mages/theives guild and dark brotherhood missions as well as the other side ones. i want to experiment with 'Fun With Goblins' where you steal a goblin tribe's staff and take it to another tribe's one and have them make war one each other to get the staff back. that's going to be lots of fun but i want to wait till i finish all the quests so i don't accidently kill off important people. i really want them to attack the stupid imperal guards.
There was a heaps good thread on that on gamefaqs, it looks interesting.

I've finished the main quest and am now going through the guilds. I'm done with the arena and fighters guild, doing the dark brotherhood now. Then onto the theives guild.

So just wondering, is there a way to switch costumes with the push of a button? I know you can assign single items or spells to numbers, but i want to be able to switch between my fighting/sneaking gear.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
holy crap that main post-oblivion first gate closing mission was impossible at my level. What's the point of levelling up if the game gets harder.

What are everyone's stats like at this stage? Me:

Stasius
Dark Elf
Birthsign: The Warrior
Custom Class (Adventurer)
Level: 22
Health: 271 (fortified)
Magicka: 136 :)( Very annoyed. Have increased the attributes required so many times but it only increases total magicka by 2 points each time)
Fatigue: 300 (fortified)

Strength: 94 (104 fortified)
Intelligence: 69 teehee (fortified)
Willpower: 65
Agility: 49 (fortified)
Speed: 62 (fortified)
Endurance: 72
Personality: 40 (penalty)
Luck: 50

Major Skills
Armorer: 44
Blade: 86
Block: 51
Destruction: 60
Restoration: 39
Light Armor: 73
Sneak: 70

Minor Skills
Athletics: 52 (fortified)
Blunt: 15
Hand to Hand: 12
Heavy Armor: 16
Alteration: 30
Conjuration: 7
Illusion: 50
Mysticism: 12
Acrobatics: 38
Marksman: 11
Mercantile: 27
Security: 37 (fortified)
Speechcraft: 15

Max inventory: 510

Arena: Grand Champion
Mages Guild: Warlock
Fighters Guild: Champion
Dark Brotherhood: Eliminator
Thieves Guild: Shadowfoot
Main Quest: Just brought the guy back to the cloud runner temple

EDIT: levelled up again

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
jumb, you have to assign ever item to hotkeys 1-8 and as there are alot of pieces of clothing you'd use up your hotkeys which i prefer to place as weapon and spell hotkeys. to assign a hotkey, in case you didn't know, you go to your inventory for items or spells and hold down the number you wish to assign an item/spell and click on the item/spell you want.

i just finished all guilds and the main quest. i don't want to touch Oblivion again seeing as i've done nothing for the past 4 weeks except play it.

by the end of the game i couldn't be bothered fighting anything anymore seeing how long and hard each battle was so i just go invisible and run through the dungeons/stages to grab the item, unless the quest involves clearing out the area of course.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
transcendent said:
jumb, you have to assign ever item to hotkeys 1-8 and as there are alot of pieces of clothing you'd use up your hotkeys which i prefer to place as weapon and spell hotkeys. to assign a hotkey, in case you didn't know, you go to your inventory for items or spells and hold down the number you wish to assign an item/spell and click on the item/spell you want.
Oh stuff that.

Some_Guy said:
fuuck i wanna play it. somebody pls give me ur comp!
Only for your soul.

*pulls out soul gem and casts soul trap*

transcendent

HSC
N/A
they can, go to a necromancer altar, get a grand soul gem and cast dispel on it and you have a black soul gem which you can use to harvest human souls.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
they can, go to a necromancer altar, get a grand soul gem and cast dispel on it and you have a black soul gem which you can use to harvest human souls.
no one care about being right when it come to games.

hehehe...I have the game but my comp is not up to scratch. I can't play it. I'm not buying the new video card until half yearly breaks.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it'd prob be cheaper to buy a 360 than upgrading your comp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)