• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Elective units for B.psychology (1 Viewer)

cherry1991

HSC
For the Bachelor of Psychology, i have to select one elective unit

I was wondering if anyone knows a bit more about these following units, and if they were enjoyable:

Media and Visual Cultures: Case Studies

Everyday Life

Introduction to crime and justice

- i don't know which one to choose

Thanks =)

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I have done Everyday Life, it's an introduction into sociology and general social phenomena. VERY enjoyable subject, you do an observation of a social event taking place and then pick it apart and analyse it in a theoretical context. Ermm, there's a written exam and an analysis of a journal article too. This was back in Spring 2008.

I have also done Media and Visual Cultures, but it didn't have the case studies part attached to it...is this a new course? I know MVC has recently changed from a level 100 to level 300. It's a compulsory BA core subject and involves the analysis of media (mainly visual) and the positions that the viewer of it takes. Didn't enjoy it as much as Everyday Life, which I think ties in a little better with psych students assumed knowledge anyway :p

cherry1991

HSC
Thank you so much for your help
Its good to be able to hear about both electives from a student, because the descriptions given about each course wasn't very helpful

I like the sounds of Everyday Life

Yeah I think the Media and Visual Arts one is a new course, but i checked, its a level one unit.

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)