Electrical Engineering at MQ (1 Viewer)

gibrate1

HSC
Hello, I'm currentley a first year student at VU and looking to transfer to a university in Sydney. Is Macquarie univeristy a good uni to study electrical engineering or would I be better off at UTS, UNSW?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW is the most recognised out of the three of them for engineering. Macquarie is the only one not accredited by Engineers Australia. So UNSW>UTS>Macquarie if you get a choice of three.

cherryboi

HSC
UNSW is the most recognised out of the three of them for engineering. Macquarie is the only one not accredited by Engineers Australia. So UNSW>UTS>Macquarie if you get a choice of three.
All of Macquarie University's engineering programs have been accredited by Engineers Australia. :)

The list just got updated Yesterday, the accreditation ended in 2018 i think but just got updated on 16th January with the next review in 2021.

This is the link: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/2019-01/WebList_V32_190116.pdf

Turn to page 40.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Also what type of area are you looking to live in? Near uni?

Macquarie University train line will not be operating for much of this year.

Still think you’d be better of doing engineering elsewhere Macquarie’s Engineering is not that big and had limited choices in terms of majors if you end up wanting to switch.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Also what type of area are you looking to live in? Near uni?

Macquarie University train line will not be operating for much of this year.

Still think you’d be better of doing engineering elsewhere Macquarie’s Engineering is not that big and had limited choices in terms of majors if you end up wanting to switch.
Second this. Macquarie is possibly the worst Uni to do engineering at, even if it has a better reputation overall as a uni then UWS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)