Elite schools hit parents' wallets again (1 Viewer)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Riqtay said:
I'm not diputing the quality of some of the students at King's, but I'm stating the fact that not that many students achieve these results. I'm not sure about the exact figures, but I recall from around 200 students in yr 12, only around 30 got high end UAI's.

I went to Cherrybrook Technology Highschool, and in 2004 a student achieved a 100 UAI. She was also the school captain and was involved in many extra curricular activities. Along with her there were around 10 other students who gained a UAI inexcess of 99. Out of around 250 students 58 recieved UAI's above 90 (pretty good considering that its a public school).

The point is, that you don't NEED to send your child to an elite highschool in order for them to perform brilliantly in many aspects of life.
of course, u have to consider that UAI and HSC results are not the only indicators of a supposedly "quality" education.

and u do have to realise that kings IS well-known because it accepts a lot of rural students who board at the school. obviously there are going to be differences in kings, compared to another top elite private school who only recieves day-boys

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skillo said:
I know this is off topic NTB, but what was your mark in the IB diploma? And no need to explaining what it is, I know about it.
He didn't do the IB.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
arent they on academic scholarships too?
so ud have some expectation that they arent paying $20K and started off as pretty decent students just to get the scholarship
ask gitendra (abtari on bos). he went to kings, was a boarder and got 99.9. I dont know if corey (the dux) was a scholar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)