evilc

I am a fish
HSC
what the fuck is this shit?

SOME GUY said:
Friday, May 13, 2005

ABORIGINAL RESEARCH POSTGRADUATE STUDENT DISGUSTED
WITH THE DELIVERY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE’S HIGHER EDUCATION

I understand from reading “The Star” on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 on the front page and also on page 5
that discussed the University of Newcastle’s staff employment cut backs and students concerns about their
future if such staff cut backs were to occur because of the university’s $28 million debt.

Firstly, I do not understand how the University of Newcastle could allow itself into such a position.

Secondly, as a past Aboriginal Research Higher Degree Student I feel no sympathy for such cut backs
on staff. However, I do feel sympathy for the students of the university because of these staff cut backs that
will affect their studies.

In the past, I have experienced from the University of Newcastle a lack of “duty of care” as one of its students,
as university staff from the Aboriginal Unit had lied to the Research Vice-Chancellor who relayed the message to
their Legal Unit whom then wrote to me and stated that all of my thesis work had been returned to me.

Additionally, I fail to see how this has occurred when my thesis work was never marked and that the supervisor
I was given was not an expert in my field of study, whom showed no interest in my topic and that some of my work
still to this day has not been returned to me even though I have written correspondence from the university illustrating
that my work was received from them.

It is part of university policy that the supervising teacher must be a relevant expert in the student’s field of study and that
they should also possess an interest in the student’s work. What has happened?

Furthermore, as a qualified primary school teacher I have never encountered such arrogance and cruelty from an educational
institution before and I certainly would never deliberately deny a student a right to an education either.

As a result of all this and other stuff to painful and to long for a newspaper space I am now not allowed to work for a period of
6 to 12 months on the advice of a work-cover clinical psychologist who diagnosed me with a “severe psychological injury” and an
“adjustment disorder”. I also suffer with many medical problems also such as depression and stress that have appeared physically
on my body that has left permanent scarring.

I believe that as an educational institution that states in “The Star” on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 on the front page from the new
Vice-Chancellor that “this is a regrettable situation, however, the university has no other choice if it is to remain a competitive and
viable institution” is true because if they treat other students the way in which I have been treated, than this will cause the University of
Newcastle to not be a “competitive and viable institution” to study at.

My matter is now being dealt by the University of Newcastle through its student grievance process of the university and the state
Ombudsman’s office has stated that if I am not happy with the outcome from the university than I can take my matter back to them
for further viewing.

I have also asked the university for an apology, explanation and compensation over my matter and I do not care if the University of
Newcastle is in debt of $28 million because they denied me a right to an education; they caused me to have medical and psychological
problems because of the University of Newcastle’s lack of “duty of care” to me as a past Aboriginal Research Higher Degree student.

However, I feel for the cut back to student’s education because of the university’s debt situation, but for students who have held protests
over this matter than perhaps they should consider how lucky that they really are and how unfortunate that I am because they still have their
education and I have nothing.

For the 450 jobs that will go at the University of Newcastle should include those staff members of the university that denied me a right to
an education because these teachers should not be given such a label because they have not ethically behaved as teachers would in an educational environment.

In “The Star” on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 on the front page from the new Vice-Chancellor who states that “this is a difficult process and it will be a painful time for many” than so be it, as the university is better for it, particularly considering my circumstances, “wouldn’t you agree?”

Written by Scott Packer.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
his fucking sob story sounds like some kind of chain letter...forward this to 10 people or it will happen to you kind of thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)